Weird Check Engine problem...

TheDamned

"I am Canadian and Damned for it!"
Jul 22, 2003
457
0
48
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Hey all,

Well just to keep in mind that I don't drag race with my stang, always well-taken care of etc...

Since like 2-3 months, almost everytime (almost random) I push her a bit harder [shifting at 4000rpm or so - ] well the check engline lights lights up for like 1minute... then goes down... and when that happens, I feel a kind of 'suffocation' from the motor when i'm banging high rpms thu the gears, it's weird and hard to explain... My motor is stock except for K&N filter.. anyone has any ideas ? The light stays on for only 1-2min maximum then back to normal...
 
TheDamned said:
I'll check it out... I changed my MAF and all my sensors beginning of last summer... Do you think the O2 sensors could be very dirty because of the off-road h-pipe? (no cats)


No thats not it b/c regardless of if you have cats on the car or not the 02's sample the exhuast before the cats anyway. As far as the CPU is concerned it never knows if the car has cats on it or not and the 02's are always sampleing uncatted exhuast regardless of the O/R H pipe or not.
 
gcomfx.com said:
Your car is crying for the old lady down the street to buy it. LOL

4,000 rpm - pushing it... :rolleyes:

Hook some juice up to that baby.... :nice:


Gimme some money and I will bro... Being a college boy having 2 cars at 19years old and working at almost minimal wage ... i cant pay 70$ of gas per week and repairs, otherwise, im in the red zone.