Weird nose coming from throttle body which attaches to air intake.

Rawnnie

Apr 12, 2019
Arizona
Need help trying to identify what this noise is coming from hose which leads to throttle body. I removed the hose and am still hearing it. I also believe it's contributing to a rough idle almost causing my car to stall. Any input is appreciated! -2003 Mustang GT/ 4.6L/ 60,000 Miles/ Manual

Attachments

• 25E29A6C-295C-4992-A682-897956CB5B57.jpeg
    25E29A6C-295C-4992-A682-897956CB5B57.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2048.mp3
    461.8 KB
  • Sponsors (?)

I imagine it would run rough since you have unmetered air pouring into TB at this point (i.e. huge vacuum leak).

4S2OOLgI3ech6uO14PyCGkJjq9Pvh23OY5OWCyR-mvg.jpg

1675015351197.png
Thanks for the reply, I attached an audio clip of the noise. The photos you attached are what mine normally looks like and I still hear it, it sounds like its gurgling/burping through that smaller hose attached to the throttle body.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I attached an audio clip of the noise. The photos you attached are what mine normally looks like and I still hear it, it sounds like its gurgling/burping through that smaller hose attached to the throttle body.

Last edited:
That is your idle air sensor. There is a little man with a jack hammer in there forcing air into the TB. :D

Seriously, it could be going bad and why you stall. You could try to clean it with some carb cleaner but it's hit or miss whether that works.

Do any of the hoses look callapsed or "sucked in"? I once had a small pin-sized hole on the rubber hose on my old 2V. It created a vacuum leak and it sounded a lot like this.

Yes, it was the Idle Air Control Valve. Replaced it which took 5 minutes and the noise was gone. I think what can happen is carbon can build up inside the valve/sensor and becomes blocked preventing correct air flow during idle. You could take off and spray some carb cleaner inside and it may fix your issue, I went with buying a new one.