Welcoming Myself To Stangnet!

87FoxbodyProject

Aug 6, 2016
Houston
I would love to get real help from real individuals who have knowledge on the information they are providing. I don't appreciate rude comments or bad talk about the questions people or I have to offer. THERES NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION! We are all self taught mechanics at a degree and we are all learning new things about our mustangs everyday. We might not know everything and we might need help and have "stupid" question to ask; but at one point you were there & someone with a great heart gave you the resources you needed to fix your ride. With that being said let's all enjoy this beautiful designed forum that was made for all of us stang guys.

• Sponsors (?)

You make some valid points in what you're saying.

But at nineteen, you need to slow down a bit with coming in with a pis*ed off attitude. All you will do is irritate the very people you want to know and that can help you.

If you want to come in and be one of the guys, you can do that. There are a lot off real gear heads on this forum that having been involved with every area of our cars.

You should come in without telling us what we should do if we want to communicate with you.

We're a good bunch of guys that you can get to know.

Now, all that crap said. Welcome to Stangnet.

What kind of mustang do you have? What are your plans? Post some pictures.

Reactions: 1 users
You already scared that poor kid away, he came off very honest, Im 42, it doesn't matter how old you are at 19 you could be fighting in a war, IMO you were way too sensitive, now you scared a new member away.
You could be right, but just as he might not have been quite politically correct. I took his speech to be the way he communicates.

If what I said scares him away, then it is too bad.

I'm hardly the one that jumps on people here, he was being a bit strong with his first communication with us and I wanted him to tone it down a little.

We are, for the most part, a group of gear heads is all. We're not getting paid to answer people or anything else here.

I was 19 at one time in the army myself. I wouldn't use that for justification to be rude on the first note with anyone unless something bad was going to happen.

Either way, with you, I hope this doesn't deter you from this site. There is a lot for knowledge to gain from joining the group and I'm just one nut in the bag.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad to be here, thanks. Were all grown ass men. Is this site pretty much national? Are members just from every state? Anyway, looking forward to chatting with you in the future.
Yeah, guys (and gals) from everywhere. Even a few from other parts of the world (Australia, England, and a good size contingent from Canada).
What kind of mustang do you have?
Look into our subforums, from you avatar I'm guessing you have an S197. Go to the general talk section there and say hi with pictures of your car, we like pictures.

I would love to get real help from real individuals who have knowledge on the information they are providing. I don't appreciate rude comments or bad talk about the questions people or I have to offer. THERES NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION! We are all self taught mechanics at a degree and we are all learning new things about our mustangs everyday. We might not know everything and we might need help and have "stupid" question to ask; but at one point you were there & someone with a great heart gave you the resources you needed to fix your ride. With that being said let's all enjoy this beautiful designed forum that was made for all of us stang guys.
Way to come in "guns blazing"...

This site has lots of good people and resources. As long as you listen to the advice given and follow through with the checklists that you will at some point receive from jrichkers, you will be able to fix anything. Yes, everyone starts from somewhere. But ignoring advice is what irritates people with experience. Ease off and you will be fine.

Welcome to the site. Post some pics and whatever questions you have in the fox forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users

You might reconsider your approach. :chin

Make your threads and posts about your car instead of about you. Everything will be fine. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Welcome aboard. I strongly disagree, there ARE some very stupid questions, I've even asked some. Now where's the
eatpopcornpiratesmiley.gif

New to the site! I am an old chevy guy trying to fix a 66 Mustang. It had a 6 cylinder with a c-4 transmission. I bought it for my son over 20 years ago and I inherited it back for college debt he incurred. I actually got the college debt since I paid for it and then he just said, "Here's the Mustang, now I don't owe you anything!" No other discussion. The car has been stored for over 20 years and I am going to put a 302 with a T-5 in it. Hopefully put a 9' rear end in it. I am very confused with the Ford engines and transmission variations. It looks like I need a T-5 from an '83 to '93 v-8 mustang. I will need to find pedals, figure out the correct clutch with cable. I am also trying to convert from 4 lug to 4 lug. The car is on jack stands. I have removed the engine and transmission. I also removed the rear end and the gas tank. So now the spending begins to get parts I need!!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

New to the site! I am an old chevy guy trying to fix a 66 Mustang. It had a 6 cylinder with a c-4 transmission. I bought it for my son over 20 years ago and I inherited it back for college debt he incurred. I actually got the college debt since I paid for it and then he just said, "Here's the Mustang, now I don't owe you anything!" No other discussion. The car has been stored for over 20 years and I am going to put a 302 with a T-5 in it. Hopefully put a 9' rear end in it. I am very confused with the Ford engines and transmission variations. It looks like I need a T-5 from an '83 to '93 v-8 mustang. I will need to find pedals, figure out the correct clutch with cable. I am also trying to convert from 4 lug to 4 lug. The car is on jack stands. I have removed the engine and transmission. I also removed the rear end and the gas tank. So now the spending begins to get parts I need!!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
Welcome to Stangnet.

As you start to work on your car, make a new thread in the Classic sub forum. That’s where you’ll find the guys that can help you out with your build.

:rlaugh:Da Ballz on Dis One!!!! I Like It :nice:

I see you grabbed the attention of a few key members here already. :uzi: Take the advice they have given here already and we can surely help you out.

Sorry about the experience that you had somewhere else man. Some people are pure asshats when it comes to reading a post and replying. We are, well, ASSHATS at times but we do love to joke with members A LOT.

Its all good man, post us up some pictures of this car and well what the hell it is also. That way we can get you into the right spot and get you some help.

BTW, YES there are stupid questions in the automotive world. Mike will let you know when this occurs. You will know Mike if the case comes around, WE ALL are afforded the same treatment so don't let it bother you much.

:rlaugh:Da Ballz on Dis One!!!! I Like It :nice:

I see you grabbed the attention of a few key members here already. :uzi: Take the advice they have given here already and we can surely help you out.

Sorry about the experience that you had somewhere else man. Some people are pure asshats when it comes to reading a post and replying. We are, well, ASSHATS at times but we do love to joke with members A LOT.

Its all good man, post us up some pictures of this car and well what the hell it is also. That way we can get you into the right spot and get you some help.

BTW, YES there are stupid questions in the automotive world. Mike will let you know when this occurs. You will know Mike if the case comes around, WE ALL are afforded the same treatment so don't let it bother you much.
Hey, read the dates on the posts.....

Hey, read the dates on the posts.....

I was halfway through a response to the first post before I saw how old it was. LoL

My response was not too different from the one I made in 2016. :D

Oh, and look. We're all still here. :shrug: If it hadn't been for that guy's one and only post well... Who knows what kind of shenanigans could have happened!!! :hide:

Why, without those solid instructions on how to run a forum we might all be out burning cities right about now. :flame::rabble:

Thank God for safe spaces like bookface and tweits.

• Winner