Well Brake kit and springs are in!

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Well I just finished putting in The Mach1 performance package brakes in the front (which are same thing as cobra minus the cobra written on it) and the cobra kit in the rear along with stainless steel brake lines and the lowering springs. Started yesterday at about 5pm and got done like at 1am. We ended up fixing a bunch of little things I was having trouble with. My front air dam on the right, my front backing plates since we where there anyway, and my front sway links, which i learned where loose as hell. When we went on to the rear and pulled the axles we noted the passenger side axle had one pit mark on it, then we pulled the driver axle and it was pitted as hell! (found the source of my low speed hum and high speed road noise) So we ended up putting in axle saver kits and it worked GREAT! Found out why my ABS was acting up also, tone wheel in front was bent, we bent it back and works great again! (Also cleaned all the sensors to keep them accurate). Only thing we left bad on the car was the bushings on the differential, because well I didnt have any and it was late already, just learned the bushings where bad when we took off the upper control arms. Anyway there not that bad anyway, They just starting to crack and stuff, so i will change them eventually. Can anyone tell me of a good brand to use for the bushings and material (poly, or rubber?) Anyway I love the way the car is much better now. Handles so much better and stops like you wouldnt believe. Now heres one question though, What would be good to use on the rotors so that the area not contacted by the pad wont rust? And well I took some pictures of it but it was dark and the car is filthy but tomorrow I will wash it and post up some good pictures:D

• Sponsors (?)

Pictures?

I used some silver Duplicolor high-temp spray paint. Has held up great so far. I threw the rotors in the oven for a little advanced curing, per the directions on the can.

Dont act like you have a job to be at today!

:lol:

Drum roll please

*Drum roll*

PICT2071.jpg

PICT2072.jpg

PICT2073.jpg

PICT2074.jpg

Attachments

• PICT2071.jpg
    PICT2071.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 36
  • PICT2072.jpg
    PICT2072.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT2073.jpg
    PICT2073.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 38
  • PICT2074.jpg
    PICT2074.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 26
very nice.. good choice in brakes

Thanks, I didnt really want the cobra calipers because I dont want people to think I am trying to bite off Cobra's or think its a cobra. So the mach 1 PP was great because it was still the same thing as the cobra brakes but a flat black caliper with no writing. And since I had the rear apart doing the rear cobra kit, I painted the rear calipers flat black to match the front and the rear rotor area's that didnt contact the pad area flat black also to always keep that clean look instead of that rust, lol. I completely love the new stance and feel of the car now. And the brakes are incredible. Next thing of course will be the SS lines for the rear because I am really likeing the SS lines up front.

only problem I seem to be having is the rear brakets hitting the rotor. Spaced out the right rear bracket with very thin washers to take care of that side and still am adjusting the left rear bracket to keep from hitting rotor. Just actually put in a set of precision engineered camber bolts to get the alignment back to specs so I will be doing the alignment tomorrow. And I actually ordered a set of polyurethane sway bar bushings that will be going in tomorrow also. Entire car is coming together really well.:D

only problem I seem to be having is the rear brakets hitting the rotor. Spaced out the right rear bracket with very thin washers to take care of that side and still am adjusting the left rear bracket to keep from hitting rotor. Just actually put in a set of precision engineered camber bolts to get the alignment back to specs so I will be doing the alignment tomorrow. And I actually ordered a set of polyurethane sway bar bushings that will be going in tomorrow also. Entire car is coming together really well.:D

good man!!:nice: