Well, Getting Out Of The Fox Game

Coming from the "who cares" department,... my opinion is that you keep the car. The newer, nicer, more comfortable car will disappear into the "me too" ness of the bazillion new edge mustangs that you see every single day. Your car can be made very comfortable, and I blab on&on about that (the lack of creature comforts) being the single biggest reason we get rid of them.

I've driven mine 7,500 miles since it was built last August. I stiffened the chassis not for performance, but to make it less of a washboard when it went over rough road. I deadened the interior so I wouldn't have to listen to the road, tires and exhaust as well as keep the heat down, going hand-in-hand w/ that I went the opposite way of most w/ the mufflers, and quieted it down. The end result of all of that is that it is much more fun to drive.

We don't have to tell you how unique your car is, you already know it.

It's a known fact that I have tried to sell mine in my attempt to "move on", but every time I go into the garage,...I'm glad I stayed put.

Keep your car. Invest in making it more comfortable, I'll bet you'll be happier than w/ the s/c'd bellybutton you lust after.

• Sponsors (?)

1932_Flamed_Roadster___WH_02.jpeg

I'll take it!

Ive been on a rat rod trip lately, until I watched a show last night about one. They were Hot Rod editors in a Model A rat rod, and a Lamborgini, trying to see which got more attention. The rat rod was miserable to drive, but got tons of attention. Both of the guys (one in his late 30's, and one in late 20's) said they would never buy a rat rod even to cruise around town in. Unsafe, and uncomfortable, but bad ass. Hijack over.

Rat rods are neat for about 5 minutes, then you realize it is just exaggerated junk. I'm more interested in the "trad-rod" stuff, but I'm not too hung up on everything being period correct. I wouldn't mind disc brakes and a more modern (but still carb'd) V8.

It's always a big thrill to watch the leaves change color and the hot temps drop off as you go north...
Ha, don't be too anxious. We were hovering around 85F today, with about 80% humidity. Not crazy hot, but very uncomfortable to say the least. And whith that humidex, it feels like it's 10-deg hotter. Certainly a nice day to be indoors with the A/C running. :(