Well Hell!!!

Saleen613

May 18, 2012
After 9 years of running my prochamber, for the first time my shop that would pass me for inspection, didn't! I guess from last year when I got my inspection to a few days ago, they must've got busted for not doing proper inspections on vehicles. So, anyway, I need to find out what midpipe will work with my MAC LTs and MAC catback. Please keep in mind, this is merely to just get my sticker. Once that's done, the prochamber goes back on. Thanks in advance friends....

• Sponsors (?)

Well I should've been more specific in saying what catted midpipe will work.

My point stands: Aftermarket midpipes, even those with catalytic converters, may not pass inspection in some jurisdictions. Your car was originally equipped with 4 cats (two on each side) that were closely coupled to short-runner cast iron manifolds. Now you've got LTs bleeding heat and hoping to feed one small, high-flow converter (per bank). This is probably not legal.

If the inspector is just looking for catalytics (period) you can probably have a set of universal 3-way cats welded into a standard Mac off-road pipe.

If they are looking for a factory setup you're hosed.

I lived in Cali for 11 years and the smog laws out there are horrible. You cannot get away with any mods to a car. Most of the shops out there are looking for factory specs. So if they see a header of any kind, they fail you because it's not a stock manifold. Cats or no cats if the pipe looked changed= failed. Again since you dont list were you're testing the vehicle at it's hard to say, but that being said, the BBK shorty mid pipe should fit the MAC headers, might have to modify the flanges though.