Well, I can't get this timing cover off. Any hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokestack

Apr 5, 2010
Hi all.

Finally found and removed all the bolts (apparently), but the bottom of the cover doesn't want to come loose. And yes, I removed the four oil-pan bolts.

Is it just the gasket at the bottom? Not sure what to pry this with so I don't mar the mating surface.

Also, do I have to remove the water pump to get this thing out? The SAI plumbing is quite rigid and in the way; I don't see how this thing is going to come out.

Video here

Also, what is the electrical connector at the bottom passenger-side corner of the timing cover? Crankshaft position sensor?

Thanks for any insight!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. Clearly I forgot to mention it's a '96, so the bolts don't go through the timing cover. I finally did get it off by whacking it with a regular hammer on the pulley.

Now my biggest problem is the pile of grime and coolant that fell right into the oil pan. WTF do people do about that?

You should really keep these issues consolidated into [one thread] versus putting bits and pieces of it in different threads.

I'm closing this one. Please continue to grow your other thread on this same subject/car as your project progresses.

Every Mustang on the planet should have a thread on this forum. That thread should contain as much information as possible about mechanics and condition. That's how straight information and advice can be obtained from people who have never laid eyes on y our car.

Status
Not open for further replies.