well it happened

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
i got laid off. but luckily i think i'm safe to make enough on unemployment to cover the cost of my car until i am able to find another job.

actually a few people at my work are fighting to get me back, because i was a hard worker and everything. i'll find out tomorrow, but as of mon morning i am unemployed.

but, now with all this extra time, i detailed the stang today.

washed with nxt 2.0 soap,
clayed with megs mild clay.
washed again with same soap.
swirl x'd a few problem areas that i noticed.
color x'd whole car.
nxt 2.0 wax'd whole car. 1 coat, need to do 2nd coat tomorrow morning.
interior was cleaned with interior quik detailer, then dressed with natural shine. leather wiped down with leather wipes.
glass was wiped down with stoners invisible glass [only not meguiars product i used hah] inside and out.
under hood and all jams were sprayed with ultimate quik wax, and hoses underhood were dressed with vinyl and rubber dressing, think its #40.
tires were dressed with gold class endurance. did one light coat. may do another tomorrow.
and wheels were polished with aluminum and mag polish.

pretty in depth detail just because unfortunately i have the time now.

View attachment 248382

only picture i took. right after colorx. no tire dressing on yet, and before wax. so also the windows still needed a final wipe down on the outside.

i'll probably take a few pictures tomorrow when applying the 2nd coat of wax. unfortunately it started storming tonight so i didnt get a chance to do it tonight. but i got to see how good the water was beading with just 1 coat haha.

• Sponsors (?)

Sucks to hear that, ever think of a federal law enforcement career? Awesome pay and job security is key in times like this. Take a look at honorfirst.com and give it some thought, you won't regret it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry to derail but your wheel setup is ferocious.

How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry to hear about your job, btw.

backs i just had to pay out my ass. hahah.

they are 450 a piece, bogarts 15x10s. quite a few people drive them on the street no problems. but they aren't recommended for street driving. i do it anyway. 325/50/15 nitto tires. no rubbing anywhere.

fronts are the 89 bucks a piece jegs sport star i believe the name is. 15x4. 2005 have a different size front brake, so you can get away with a 3/8s spacer. i had to do a 7/16ths spacer. could of gotten away with just grinding the caliper and using a smaller spacer though.

front tires are 165/80/15 old volkswagen bug tires. 45 bucks a piece kumhos.

Join the Army. Talk about job security....

i've considered the military, haven't really had a branch in mind. friend just joined the air force, and another friend just joined the army.

i have had that on my mind, but i'm only 19. so there are quite a few other career choices i plan on trying out before i settle on that. its definitely an option though.

Sucks to hear that, ever think of a federal law enforcement career? Awesome pay and job security is key in times like this. Take a look at honorfirst.com and give it some thought, you won't regret it.
Posted via Mobile Device

i will have to check that out. i was never really interested in doing something like that, a friend was just telling me hes looking into becoming a cop.

so many options.

Sorry to hear that. Things are definitely tough out there. A bunch of people at my job got laid off about 6 months ago, and those of us that didn't took at 10% pay cut. I'm still fuming about that, but at least I still have a job.

I've been trying to find some weekend restaurant work to take up the slack. I've applied to 3 different restaurants in the last month or so, one of which I used to work at a few years ago, and I didn't get a single phone call.

AA ,Sorry to hear about the job. Law enforcement great career move,always a need for cops as the times get worse. Do you live at home if so consider going back to school.Brookdale for two years then to Rutgers.4 years will fly by and you will have a degree, able to open a lot of doors with that piece of paper.

i've considered the military, haven't really had a branch in mind. friend just joined the air force, and another friend just joined the army.

i have had that on my mind, but i'm only 19. so there are quite a few other career choices i plan on trying out before i settle on that. its definitely an option though.

In the Air Force we definitely have a higher quality of life than the other branches. Plus we have less all expense paid vacations to places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

In the Air Force we definitely have a higher quality of life than the other branches. Plus we have less all expense paid vacations to places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

haha, never heard it worded that way.

if i were to go into the military it would be to be a mechanic.
i've mentioned it to my parents and they don't seem all too thrilled about it. i know how much my mom would worry. can't do that to her right now.

its one of those things i hear people say all the time though, that they wish they had joined, out of all the things they regret not doing in life.

AA ,Sorry to hear about the job. Law enforcement great career move,always a need for cops as the times get worse. Do you live at home if so consider going back to school.Brookdale for two years then to Rutgers.4 years will fly by and you will have a degree, able to open a lot of doors with that piece of paper.

yeah i live at home, gotta pay rent, but my parents worked out some kind of deal with my brother about school when he went, so maybe i'll get the hook up too. hah. :nice:

i was considering going to UTI, its something i told myself i would do, but then i got myself into this car payment, so i couldn't afford to go to school and keep the car. had went to a tech school for something i thought i'd be interested in, but not 100% satisfied with it yet.

the thing is i see, working in an automotive trade, i've worked in the body shop and i've helped out at my dads shop, [mechanic] and i've noticed, school really doesn't mean much to this trade. its all experience. so i've also thought about going in as an apprentice in a speed shop type deal.

i've dealt with people who are going to be paying off their school loan for the next 10 years, who were complete morons, where as i went to a free school, and could walk circles around them.

Recently went through the same thing. Now I'm working for a temp. service but that looks like it's going to end. Here are some money-saving measures I took trying to keep my car:
1. Cancel satellite tv(using antennae)
2. Cancel home phone (use your cell)
3. Cancel internet(YEAH, IT SUX)
4. Switch to cheapest cell phone plan($30)

This saved me about $170 a month.

you hope unemployment is enough to pay for your car? wow

not trying to be a scumbag about it but yeah, until i could find another job so i don't have to sell a car that i'm currently paying for.

and as of tonight i got my job back. they had a big meeting and everyone was pulling to get me back in from 2.30 today and i dont know what time it ended but it lasted until at least 4.30 when my friend left.

now if i sold my car on monday when i lost my job, then got my job back today, what am i supposed to do, start off from scratch again and completely fck myself? i wouldn't want to be out of a job more then a week, but if i had to be i'd like to be able to cover the cost of the car.

i'm not trying to get a free ride if thats how it sounds. i've paid for every dime on that car, and i've done everything to it myself. i take pride in the fact every dime comes out of my pocket, be it insurance, car payment, modifications etc.
i just wouldn't want to lose my car over some stupid bs at work where it only took 2 days to get my job back.

also never being on unemployment before, i wasn't sure how it was going to pay, because if it is not enough to cover a car payment for lets say if i was out of a job for a month, i would need to get rid of the car. i'm not going to ruin my credit over a car by missing payments. made everyone a week before the payments were due.

Recently went through the same thing. Now I'm working for a temp. service but that looks like it's going to end. Here are some money-saving measures I took trying to keep my car:
1. Cancel satellite tv(using antennae)
2. Cancel home phone (use your cell)
3. Cancel internet(YEAH, IT SUX)
4. Switch to cheapest cell phone plan($30)

This saved me about $170 a month.

luckily i still live at home. i don't watch tv at all unless with the family. never home otherwise. the house phone my parents cover, i don't use it at all, cellphones my primary number. which i pay for.

internet we've got a package and my mom uses it for her job so it works out good for me.

my cell plan is actually less then 30 bucks and its pretty loaded, because we have a family plan + my moms work discount. i pay 25 bucks + 3 bucks a month insurance on the phone.

if i was struggling to make the payments on the car though and i was on my own, they would all be the first to go, if they werent gone already haha.

thanks. sitting at band practice tonight got a message from my boss saying "don't stay out too late tonight, you got work in the morning"

its a good feeling knowing my work is respected at the shop. the two shop leaders put up with over 2 hours of BS trying to fight to get me back.

hell when i first started, they told me people don't last longer then a month here. and me being a ford guy at a GM dealership i was thinking i was SOL haha.