well.. scrapped the twin turbo's, doing a nice single setup... check it

• Sponsors (?)

yellow5.0cobra said:
what kind of motor, what kind of engine setup?

junkyard turbos, eh... i would just buy new for $400.

if you cant afford the $400 for a new turbo, then i suggest NOT to do any turbo projects... PERIOD.
Or pick up a use turbo and rebuild it i guess it will come out to around 250 300 and a new turbo usealy around $600...where did you get a T70 for $400?

Personaly i am a big fan of Holset turbos...they seem to take more abuse.

yea if u want a/c crossover goes to the back of the engine via a log on one side.

but i dont care for the a/c...

holsets are nice, but u cant dare find a flowchart for any of them?

your a fan of them, have you used them in the past or something? im lookin for holset info and cant find any hard info on using them on a stock block.

ok shes done!

well... i had to swap intakes and take off the front cover because of a small crack i noticed, AS WELL AS ANOTHER SNAPPED BOLT!

:nonono:

i just gotta finish welding some bungs for o2's on the downpipe and weld up a couple seams, then shes off to get coated.

:nice:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

looks good Pete. I AM going to finish mine up this weekend, all I need is a BOV and the junkyards are closed :mad:

Your "manly beer" looks to be full... guess your not man enough for it?

looking good pete! I just order my T70 and the exhaust shop Im working at will hook me up with all the pipes.:D I can't wait to do mine but what side do you suggest putting the turbo on? Im leaning more towards the passenger side for some reason. Also can I use stock headers? will it be okay? I think Im gonna run 4 or 5 psi of boost then later on I can lower the compression and the gears.

If you're going to keep the A/C on your car... you'll either have to modify the header to go around the A/C somehow, or modify the A/C lines so they are out of the way... Thats if the drivers side header is pointing up... If its pointing down, then you'll have to relocate the oil filter (I think) and not sure if you'll have issues with the A/C compressor

no young one.

all you do is run the driver side header as if it was stock, dont touch it, then make a crossover under the transmission, and then thru a LOG STYLE HEADER from the pass side...

its simple.

btw, all that electrical stuff will be moved at a better location, and YES the downpipe will go OVER the header.

plenty of room and its easy enough... i plan on running 3" to the crossmember and then to a round 3" inlet/outlet cylindrical type muffler.

if all your worried about keeping is power steering, then where it is should be just fine!(my pic)

cuz i am definantly keeping power steering.

also with this setup, ABS pump is kept intact unlike some expensive kits on the market. :nonono:

pardon me fella's, but apparently somewhere I missed the train headed to cheap turbo-land. Can someone PM me with some contact numbers so I can start ripping into my engine? Thanks!

contact numbers as in what?

well summit racing has all the u bends for pretty cheap...

figure 3 - 2.5" u bends for hot side to turbo, and most likely 3- 3" u bends for the downpipe(turbo exit)

ebay.com has the t4/t3 style flanges, as well as oil inlet and feed flanges.

i got my turbocharger via ebay also, just type in T70 and theres a guy with $400 buy it now. AUTOCHROME something like that is his user name i think.

let me know what you need XR