went back to track with suspension goodies, need tips toget most from it.

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
heya some of you may know i bought alot of drag suspension parts.

i got some
upper and lower arms for the rear
moroso drag springs front and rear
50/50 shocks and 90/10 struts
and new quads for good measure.

i have everything on except the front springs they are hard to get on and just havent got them on yet.

but i went back to teh track and i am pleased with the car, it will run CONSISTANT AND I MEAN CONSISTANT, i ran the exact same as my last trip, i mean the whole slip. same 1/8 mile et and MPH, 1000 ft et and mph and 1/4 et and MPH are exactly the same which makes me happy. it lets me know the last track trip wasnt just a lucky trip, but that the car can run a decent time any time. and its not hard to do at all.

best run last night was

60'------------1.8330
330'----------5.4791
1/8ET--------8.5065
1/8mph-----81.37
1000'et-----11.1552
1000'mph---92.92
1/4 et--------13.3648
1/4mph------102.27

was running 26x10.5 et streets

this is about the best i have gotten so far i have gotten a littl bet before but it was pretty much exactly the same, only decimal differences.

this run was with the new drag stuff except for the front springs

the car felt TOTALLY different out of the hole, people i knew said it looked ALOT better also

when launching you could drop the clutch off the rev limiter and it would HOOK and the front up would come up real high and it would put you in the seat, just a nice feel, it leaves the line straighter and feels alot better. it feelts like i am leaving faster but i am not getting better 60's ive managed 1.8 with stock suspension before

it just feels like it needs more rpm off the line and i cant becasue of the rev limiter.

i pull up thru the water box. do a nice smokey burnout and get them hot. i really get them smoking, i usually do a small launch before i pull up to stage, just to see how its hooking and i can drop it at the rev limiter and it will still hook great!

i pull up to the beams wait for the light and rev it to the moon, 5k-5.5k+ every time and it hooks and leaves the line good. but still cant get a good 1.7 60'

maybe i should try launching lower, i never have really tried that but it seems like it would bog. should i play around with different rpm or just give it as much as i can.

also i may need to play with shift points, a couple of times i find myself shifting a little too early.

with my thumper heads, b-cam advanced 4 degress, and typhoon intake i take it to about 5500 rpm and with 3.90s i cross the line at around 5300 or so i think. didnt really get a good look.

i just need some tips.

maybe the front drag springs will help it out and make it work all as one unit.

i only got 3 runs in, it was a busy night and the car acted totally different and i didnt really have a chance to get a feel for it and really get dialed in.

it just feels like it leaving the line alot harder and better but just didnt get the lower 60'.

but i am pleased that the car will pop out a 13.3 with no effort, any time of the day, thats good to know, that it just wasnt luck or wind helping me out.

just give me any tips you may have, maybe i just need more power to get off the line harder than i am now,

• Sponsors (?)

i would but i put a different intake on the car since then and the car acts different, i think the dyno sheet is different than the car now.. i need to get back to the dyno to tinker and fine tune it more