Wet Plugs

I have a rebuilt '87 5.0 that puts out black smoke. plugs wet and black within 1 minute

• crack in intake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wrong injectors

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Lnarranger

Jul 9, 2017
I have a rebuilt '87 mustang 5.0. The plugs will be black and wet within 1 minute, then the engine runs ruff and black smoke. Idle bypass, egr, and coil are all new. ????

• Sponsors (?)

Is the timing set correctly ? Jrichker may be able to chime in with a timing check list....or look it up on your own.

The orange tops are the correct ones. Has the car been converted to 5 speed...or computer swapped ? Just asking because the O2 sensor harnesses are different.

Is the timing set correctly ? Jrichker may be able to chime in with a timing check list....or look it up on your own.

The orange tops are the correct ones. Has the car been converted to 5 speed...or computer swapped ? Just asking because the O2 sensor harnesses are different.

The engine and ECU are from an 87 mustang. They are now in a '77 Bronco with a c-4 automatic. I am about to run a vacuum and compression test. What would be the process to check the ECU? With all of the sensors being new could it be weak or giving false commands?

Every sensor on the engine was replaced with new. Installed an external ground wire on the ECM. Went back to basics, brought #1 piston up, marked where the rotor was pointing, picked the distributor up and placed the cap #1 spot right in front of it. Runs like a new one. I appreciate all of you who tried to help. Thank you.