What all is needed for a H/C/I Install?

JBeezy53

Dec 28, 2003
Sacramento, Ca
I think I have pretty much everything thing I need (gaskets, bolts, etc.) These are my basic components; GT40P Heads, TFS 1 Cam and Edelbrock Performer. So I shouldn't need anything special. Does someone have a list or can make a list of all the items I need for an install?

• Sponsors (?)

Ford racing headers for a 96-98 5.0 explorer part # M-9430-E52* and those are stainless steel I think that's what the * in the part# means but I'm not sure on that but that is the part# for the headers you will need.

Thermostat gasket, TB gasket, EGR gasket, Upper and lower intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, water pump gasket, timing chain cover gasket, head gaskets, header gaskets, oil pan gasket (you need to cut the front of it and fab it in), camshaft grease, new timing chain cover seal, curved oil pan gasket(for timing chain cover).. new spark plugs, permatex. I know you said you have the gaskets but I just made a checklist just in case :nice: good luck with the swap.

gcwh02 said:
Thermostat gasket, TB gasket, EGR gasket, Upper and lower intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, water pump gasket, timing chain cover gasket, head gaskets, header gaskets, oil pan gasket (you need to cut the front of it and fab it in), camshaft grease, new timing chain cover seal, curved oil pan gasket(for timing chain cover).. new spark plugs, permatex. I know you said you have the gaskets but I just made a checklist just in case :nice: good luck with the swap.

Thanks, this what I was looking for. I see I forgot a few little gaskets.

troyGT03 said:
dont forget about the tools to seperate the fuel rails.

See thats weird. My uncle just did an efi swap on his galaxy and he couldn't get them apart. I went out to my stang to see if I could get them apart and all I had to do was remove the clip and give a little tug. But with the clips on they don't leak or nothing.

on the fuel rail line, its more like a round spring thing inside that clamps onto the rail, yours must of not as been as strong and you could yank it? I know mine was hard as hell to get off even with the tool. Everyones car will be different