What are OEM pony wheels worth?

Hoytster

I don't dare do that to my Knob
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Cornwall, PA
Just trying to figure out if I'm asking too much for these wheels. Set of (4) OEM Pony Wheels with center caps. No curb rash, good condition overall. I've had these listed in multiple places for over a month and no takers yet. I thought at $125 the set would go quick, but maybe I'm asking too much :shrug:

24831312_10209365535855214_6088649995174552607_o.jpg

29542535_10209365535655209_3298772957370514197_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I think thats a fair price, I have two extra sets that are not so nice, don't know why I keep them :shrug:
nice center caps are hard to find. I've been looking for a decent one for a while with no luck.
keep them, sell them in a few years when they are in demand for restorations.

That's what I was thinking about doing since I didn't want to go any lower than $125. I hate keeping crap around I'm not using but figured I could either sell them down the road to people doing restos, or make something for my man cave out of them......

Reactions: 1 user
I defiantly wouldn't go any lower than that. I would have thought you could have sold them for $250, but just like everything for our cars its up's and down's with prices.

To me? Nothing :p

I might throw one in the back of a truck with a chain wrapped around it to help pull me out of a snow bank or mud pit with my winch. :)

I am a horrible Pony wheel hater and I'm not sure why. :shrug:

I see them listed all the time for around $300 in my area. Not sure if they are selling, but if they have decent tires I think that's a good price. Once I get new rubber on my pony rs I'm going to list my chrome ponies with bfg sport comp 2s and see what I get.

They are clean and priced low IMHO. Just gotta wait until someone buys their first 10-hole equipped LX in your area and wants an upgrade.

I paid $50 for one without tire and it wasn't even on that good shape. Need to paint it for my air hose reel.

They are clean and priced low IMHO. Just gotta wait until someone buys their first 10-hole equipped LX in your area and wants an upgrade.

I paid $50 for one without tire and it wasn't even on that good shape. Need to paint it for my air hose reel.

Air hose reel? You mean you are making an air hose reel out of one? If so, that's a great idea and I want to see pics! That would be worth keeping the set since it doesn't seem anyone wants to buy them.

My first mustang was an '89 LX with 10-holes. I so badly wanted ponies! I still think it's the best 16" wheel that came on a fox. I think you just need to wait until the right buyer comes along.

My first mustang was an '89 LX with 10-holes. I so badly wanted ponies! I still think it's the best 16" wheel that came on a fox. I think you just need to wait until the right buyer comes along.

My '88 came with it's original 10-holes. Back in the 90's, 5-lug swaps were not common so everyone wanted the pony wheels. I remember seeing VERY clean sets selling for $600+. I think I ended up paying $400 or so for my set. I loved the look. I've often debated tracking down a set of 5-lug 17" versions and putting them on for that OEM look.

I had my Cobra R's listed for $500 with an almost new set of drag radials on the back, and they didn't sell for a couple months. Then, I decided to keep 'em as race wheels, because they clear big brakes.