What are the best hp upgrades??? 97 cobra

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC you can install the headers without dropping the K Frame but it is much easier, also the consensus seems to be that the long tube are the only way to go. Have you done gears yet, because that is the best bang for the buck. Cams and headwork(the newer C Heads are better N/A)can get expensive(especially if you don't do the work yourself). I would do the exhaust and gears and save for a supercharger, however if you search a few forums you can find N/A guys who have done it all N/A'ed.

IIRC you can install the headers without dropping the K Frame but it is much easier, also the consensus seems to be that the long tube are the only way to go. Have you done gears yet, because that is the best bang for the buck. Cams and headwork(the newer C Heads are better N/A)can get expensive(especially if you don't do the work yourself). I would do the exhaust and gears and save for a supercharger, however if you search a few forums you can find N/A guys who have done it all N/A'ed.

What about a tuner? Any thoughts?

Many divergent opinions on this, in terms of HP per dollar(I can afford)for me it doesn't work unless some fairly radical change has been made ie cam's/blower that really warrant it(it is nice though to have a way to do real time reading with a hend held or laptop). Not sure what you want for a HP gain(or how deep your pocket is)but a blower is the best bang for the buck I believe. Longtubes, off road pipe(Cats are said to be the worst restriction in the system), K&N and cat back with 4.30's and if that isn't enough then I would go blower. I had a '98 for a few years and was going to an '03 but my knee started acting up(prettty heavy clutch compared to Centerforce in the '98)so I had to pass on the deal. It was weird going from one to the other, would have liked to have both, very different cars to drive but both have their good and bad. Its AT's now for me.