What Battery Relocator did you go with?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I don't have a part number but mine was basically the second one (cheaper one) but it also came with a plastic battery box. I didn't even use the box, since I went with an Optima it's not gonna leak or anything and I'm not having to meet requirements of any sanctioning body or anything so I really didn't need it.

They are really pretty easy to install. But of course it all depends on how you want to do it. I made mine nice and neat and clean and hid and/or relocated all the wires near the stock battery location. It really makes a HUGE difference once you get that battery out of there. You get SOOOO much extra space for mounting additional parts (i.e. MSD box or such). Basically just run your power cable through the existing plug on the passenger side firewall and for the ground I just popped out a plug in the trunk and went down to an existing bolt on the frame.

Sorry I don't have any pics of it at the moment, but there's really not much to show. Just a battery in the trunk!

I have that same kit. Only complaint is the box wont close all the way and some of the pieces that came with it I have no clue as to how they are supposed to work :notnice: but you get what you pay for. Some tracks are very picky about what needs to be done to the battery box so you can run your car at the track.

Sorry... didnt check out the links, I'm running the plastic summit battery box.

dude I couldn't agree more! The kit, as a whole, kind of sucked. You know, I mean the cables and stuff work just fine, but the brackets and stuff for mounting the battery just don't go that great with the included box.

But no big deal really, it was cheap and works just fine.

yellow1995Cobra said:
i have a moroso battery box with a flaming river push/pull switch, and i used welding cable as wire. I needed to make it nhra/ihra legal.
What specifications are required to make it NHRA/IHRA legal. I heard you have to have a cutoff switch located externally of the vehicle.

You need to have a box that is sealed and vented outside the car. You need a switch that kills all power to the car. Yes the switch must be mounted outside the car. Thats why i got the push/pull switch, so i can have the shaft sticking through the trunk, and i can unscrew it when im not at the track.. Instead of the turn style switchs..