• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

What CC are GT40's chambers.

  • Thread starter Thread starter T_5.0_N'works
  • Start date Start date Feb 23, 2004

T_5.0_N'works

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
260
0
0
Texas
Feb 23, 2004
#1
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #1
Hey I recently bought some GT40's that were from a marine application from some one claiming they were 64cc heads. I kinda thought the 64cc was stock chamber size but I looked at the chamber and it doesn't look like theres a lot of room to equal 64cc. Might be 58cc. Anyway you can check by eye balling it or while the heads are off the car? Will porting them open up the chamber enough to make a difference? I'll post a pic later today of them.
 

T_5.0_N'works

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
260
0
0
Texas
Feb 23, 2004
#2
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #2
Did I do something wrong, not enough info? Please help.
 

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
3,571
0
0
In your sister. If none, your mom
Feb 23, 2004
#3
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #3
On Summit's website, you can find some GT-40Y and GT-40X. BOTH are 64CC's I dont know if there is other sizes. Call a good performance shop. You'll have an answer in seconds.
 

90lxcoupe

20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 7, 2003
3,596
350
134
Feb 23, 2004
#4
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #4
if you look in the mustang unlimited catalog they sell gt40 x heads with both 64cc and 58cc combustion chambers.
 

T_5.0_N'works

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
260
0
0
Texas
Feb 23, 2004
#5
  • Feb 23, 2004
  • #5
Ok, worst case scenerio they are 58cc, won't tell until I put them on the flow bench. Would porting open them up any? I would like to run a boosted motor so 58cc kinda on the tight side, I need more like 62-64cc. Possible with some porting?
 

PURESTREET5006

New Member
Apr 1, 2003
349
0
0
In the tech line for tear down"AGAIN"
Feb 24, 2004
#6
  • Feb 24, 2004
  • #6
Are these the iron GT40 heads.If they came off of a 93-95 cobra then the chamber size is 62cc but if there from FMS OR FRP then there 65.5 cc's i'll get the casting numbers so you can tell the difference.
 

T_5.0_N'works

New Member
Sep 30, 2003
260
0
0
Texas
Feb 24, 2004
#7
  • Feb 24, 2004
  • #7
I was told these heads came off a 351w MARINE APPLICATION, so it was probably and inboard motor on a boat. Very low usuage hours, was totaled in flood and sold engine, been rebuilt and now I have it.

My casting #'s are F3ZE-AA

My original question was how can I tell teh CC chamber, NOW. It looks like he took some metal off to get a small CC area. Is there anyway to eye ball them?



 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

SN95 Desktop 363 Engine Combination - Looking for input
  • WhiteCobra95
  • Sep 8, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 6, 2025
Habu135
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 28, 2026
from6to8
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
358
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?