what did you pay for dust shields? just order 99-04 fronts from the stealership..

• Sponsors (?)

I don't run any, so I paid zero dollars. I've HEARD that they are actually splash shields, and since I don't drive in the rain, I don't need 'em. Even if they are dust shields, I haven't had any issues with dust.

Looks like LRS charges $17 a piece, so that price sounds right.

cool...thanks...i figured since im doing it all i might as well do it right the first time...i dont intend to drive in the rain but you never know when it might start raining lol...

I don't run any, so I paid zero dollars. I've HEARD that they are actually splash shields, and since I don't drive in the rain, I don't need 'em. Even if they are dust shields, I haven't had any issues with dust.

Looks like LRS charges $17 a piece, so that price sounds right.

I thought that the plastic/nylon part in the front fender wells was called the splash shield?

I wasn't sure what this thread was about. Dust shields are those metal plates that go behind the front brake rotors. Splash shields are the large black plastic liners that go in the front fender wells to prevent water from shooting up into the engine when you hit a puddle. $39 for those sounds cheap. I'd get them. You need them because they also prevent debris from the road from flying up there. Far from a dust shield though.

I paid like $10 each...but igot mine when i could still get the 94-95 versions.

They are more for water. My car doesn't drive in the rain either, but i installed them anyway. Not having them would bother the hell out of me. I'm weird like that.

OT, but ever see that BMW commercial where the brakes hold slight pressure when raining to build up a little friction and help water evaporate off the brakes? I thought of that! When i was 9 years old! But at the time, there was no way to pull it off. But i always said if i ever got a job as an automotive engineer i would figure out a way to make it happen. 20 years later BMW pulls it off and I am PISSED!

Pissed? wow, you know just how many ideas I came up with through out the years and then someone invented it later on? At least 15. Am I pissed? No, just annoyed. You think of something and have no way to design or patent it, but someone else does... big money companies get it. I'd be a rich mofo if I could have designed and patented all the **** I thought of over the years.