What do you think about Ford Motorsports Front Lower Arms?

I have a high-mileage 86 Capri with 5.0L (265,000 miles) and am thinking it may be time to replace the original front lower control arms. It's mostly stock and is my daily driver. What do you guys think of the Ford Motorsports arms? They say that they are using new improved ball joints for better ride. True? Anyone do this change to an older car? Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,
Mikey

• Sponsors (?)

Did you guys have any troubles installing these?

Do you need a spring compressor?

Do you need to get the front end aligned? Here in Kommiefornia, that's $60!

I checked my ball joint wear indicators and I'm still good. Does the ride improve enough to spend the money and the time to do this change?

Lots of questions....
Thanks,
Mikey

if you get them from johnbleakley ford their only 137.50.

i didn't use a spring compressor when I did mine but I also put in lowering springs so I didn't have a problem getting them back in. also make sure you have a tierod/balljoint fork so you can get them out of the spindle.

Yes, you will have to get it aligned afterwards.

I noticed a huge difference in my ride and I no longer rub at full lock with my 275/40/17's.

chaos254 said:
if you get them from johnbleakley ford their only 137.50.

i didn't use a spring compressor when I did mine but I also put in lowering springs so I didn't have a problem getting them back in. also make sure you have a tierod/balljoint fork so you can get them out of the spindle.

Yes, you will have to get it aligned afterwards.

I noticed a huge difference in my ride and I no longer rub at full lock with my 275/40/17's.

How would I contact johnbleakly ford? Sounds like a really good price!

Anyone else change only the lower control arms?