What do you think about the G35?

• Sponsors (?)

G35's are awesome....I was either getting that or a stang, but my dad wouldnt cosign for the G35. AWESOME cars...and Ive yet to find a complaint about them...smooth ride...plenty of get up and go...great mods...great reliability....

My boss had 2 G35's...just traded in one on a G35x...one of my other bosses has a turbonetics 350Z and the turbo had to be rebuilt before anything....

overpriced? a sticker is what, 33k? for a car with luxury, a tight suspension, killer looks, bose system, heated seats that are all power? look at the sticker of a new GT, theyre close to 31. I think thats a pretty nice bargain for near 300 horses and luxury. They are expensive to maintain though, theyre not near as bad as a bmw or a german car, but theyre equal to a yota, or any other import. I don't think you'll be disappointed though with its performance. I think it'd be a good trade personally. But that's just my .02. My stepdad had one and I loved it. He put 60k on it and it never had one problem. Do what ya want man, you're the one who has to drive whatever it is you buy, so you may as well buy what ya want.
Are you kidding son?
Overpriced YES.
I test drove one before I bought my STI and I was looking at brand new
G35 coupes price range between 39-44K+ better have money or you will
not be getting a brand new one.I didn't buy for numerous reasons.
I could careless about luxury,not as fast as a STI,warranty doesn't cover
alot of parts that could possibly break,the aftermarket for those cars is not
that big,expensive factory parts,didn't like the way it shifted (manual),
sales manager was a **** and didn't want to come down off the price,
not very dependable because I know someone how had one and they had
problems with it.
The handling characteristics are better on a Subaru STI.
Subaru has the best warranty in the business and covers
the most major parts of any automaker.I am a Master Subaru Tech and can work on it myself.
The STI comes fast from the factory in Japan.All Subaru's hold their value very well over the years.
I can spruce up the STI's suspension to be 100X better
than the G35.
Subaru has superior handling and power.
The Subaru aftermarket is HUGE.
Need I say more?
Buy a Subaru instead! :nice:

i have an 01 pathfinder with the VQ35 and i think its a great engine. That truck has pep like you wouldn't believe, people are astonished when they see and hear it and find out i only have 6 cylinders. (Thanks Dynomax). First thing i did though, took out the whole Bose system and put in top of the line alpine stuff, Bose blows

The G35 is quite heavy and slightly slower than the 350Z.
Although the G35 is very luxurious and has a beautiful
interior and the exterior looks better than the 350Z in my
opnion.They are expensive to maintain and overpriced.
If you are set on trading in your mustang trade it in for
a Subaru STI instead. :nice:

Uh I guarantee you a G35 would be less to maintain than an STI by far.

My mom and sister both had G35 coupes, neither had any problems at all. They are pretty quick and would outhandle a mustang with ease unless the stang has alot of suspension work done. They are awesome cars.

My mom and sister both had G35 coupes, neither had any problems at all. They are pretty quick and would outhandle a mustang with ease unless the stang has alot of suspension work done. They are awesome cars.

My friend has had her STI for 2 years now and is already getting her 2nd pair of tires, says her brakes are bad and is always complaining about somethin on the car it seems. :shrug: If anything, suggest an EVO. My brother hasn't had anything stock go wrong and he bought it used. Plus they look a whole lot better...

anyway either way, G35 ftw out of 350Z, STI, EVO....whatever. :D

Honestly I think price-wise, looks..etc I've been eying the Sky Redline for a DD..

I have an '06 G35 coupe, and it is an excellent car. Fit and finish are great, handling is incredible, and the interior is one of the nicest I've ever been in...however, I'd never give up my Mustang for it. The G35 is powerful, but not that powerful, and as someone stated before, bolt-on mods are pretty much useless.
The only things I can't stand about the G35 are the 'drive by wire' setup, and the hydrolic clutch. The BOSE system is okay, but far from great, and just like all other brands, you will have a few QC issues that can become minor annoyances.
The G35 is an aesthetically appealing car, and for the price, there's not much that can rival it. But, if you have the mod bug, it's probably not the car for you unless you're mostly into looks.

bose system,

The Bose System sucks. It's only about 250 watt. Terrible system for the car. I've test driven several new G35's (coupe and sedan) and when i get back in my GT the Mach 460 sounds much better.

ANyway, i was a huge fan of the coupe....UNTIL i went and checked out the 2007 G35 sedan. Wow is it a big improvement. I got to test drive the 306HP 6-spd Sport 6MT. Awesome car for a 4-door luxury car. A little sluggish off the line but drop a gear on the highway and it moves. STereo sounds poor but the models with the NAV come with a 9.5 gig hard drive where you can upload your CD's to as well as a flash drive slot that you can put MP3's into and play on the stereo. The Nav is awesome, the HID's are great, the car sounds nice. If you get an Automatic sport model, it comes with F1 style paddle shifters.

I beleive the sedans are slightly more expensive than the coupes but the coupes hold value better while the sedans value drops FAST. I beleiuve i've seen some 04 sedans for less than $20K while a coupe is still around 25-28K depending on options. Not a whole lot of used coupes with NAv though, which i want.

I see a lot of young guys driving the coupes. I see maybe 2-3 a day and even see some with tacky riced out body kits and such :( That's a big turnoff to me.

Lately i've become bored with my Gt as a daily driver and want a G35 as a new ride. Unfortunately i cannot decide if i want a coupe or sedan, automatic or 6-spd, G35X AWD, or a RWD SPort model? No idea. After seeing the new '07 Sedan however, the coupe looks plain and is in need of a makeover. I think a Red Sedan with the factory spoiler and black interior with the 6-spd would be awesome to own. I'm just trying to convince myself to sell the GT and go for it :(

My friend has had her STI for 2 years now and is already getting her 2nd pair of tires, says her brakes are bad and is always complaining about somethin on the car it seems. :shrug: If anything, suggest an EVO. My brother hasn't had anything stock go wrong and he bought it used. Plus they look a whole lot better...

anyway either way, G35 ftw out of 350Z, STI, EVO....whatever. :D

Honestly I think price-wise, looks..etc I've been eying the Sky Redline for a DD..
They must have not did the proper maintenance on her Subaru.
I had a 04 WRX that NEVER had one problem with for 70K miles aspecially
the brakes.I even had a 95 Legacy that lasted 305K miles before it needed
a rebuild and I never had one problem with it once.I always do my oil changes
and maintenance services on my cars.Subaru's are extremely reliable and
dependable like it or not.I can't wait to get my 07 STI I already bought! :nice:

Actually since I am a Master Subaru technician I recieve a
big discount on parts and I do all the work myself.I can always
use my lift at work when I am not on the clock for free.
Subaru's are very reliable and dependable.
Subaru's also have the best warranty of any automaker
and cover the most important parts in their warranty.
A Subaru is a great investment.

they go through brakes (needs rotors every time) and tires ($$$ in any size) liek nobodys business. have oen at my shop that i've done brakes twice on, and a set of tires in 24k.

G35 coupe today needed all 4 tires at 20k -> $1300+

its a nissan tho so its pretty reliable. i jstu dont see how they can sell a car that needs brakes and tires so often

i woudl go with an acura. the RSX/TSX/TL/MDX/etc. are all good cars, and hondas at heart so tehy are dead reliable

they go through brakes (needs rotors every time) and tires ($$$ in any size) liek nobodys business. have oen at my shop that i've done brakes twice on, and a set of tires in 24k.

G35 coupe today needed all 4 tires at 20k -> $1300+

its a nissan tho so its pretty reliable. i jstu dont see how they can sell a car that needs brakes and tires so often

i woudl go with an acura. the RSX/TSX/TL/MDX/etc. are all good cars, and hondas at heart so tehy are dead reliable
At my shop the Subaru brake techs only resurface rotors twice if their
is no bad wear on them and it is documented.If you are hard
on your brake system you can expect to replace brake pads more
than normal.Normaly brake pads should last a longtime but,this is
a wear and tear item though.If you drive normal and don't carve
corners your tires should last depending on the wear rating of the
tire of course. Subaru FTW!

Actually since I am a Master Subaru technician I recieve a
big discount on parts and I do all the work myself.I can always
use my lift at work when I am not on the clock for free.
Subaru's are very reliable and dependable.
Subaru's also have the best warranty of any automaker
and cover the most important parts in their warranty.
A Subaru is a great investment.

No newer car is an investment, unless you want to get inroads to the lesbian crowd with the subaru :)j/k

No but seriously, the STI is not a normal Subaru, it has high performance everything and its not like the owners buy a car like that to treat gently. I am not saying the STI is a bad car, its an awesome performance car.

But the G35 is sex on wheels when the Subaru imo looks awful. The STI has fast and the furious looks while the G35 is very classy.

Classy, Luxury, and good performance > great performance

No newer car is an investment, unless you want to get inroads to the lesbian crowd with the subaru :)j/k

No but seriously, the STI is not a normal Subaru, it has high performance everything and its not like the owners buy a car like that to treat gently. I am not saying the STI is a bad car, its an awesome performance car.

But the G35 is sex on wheels when the Subaru imo looks awful. The STI has fast and the furious looks while the G35 is very classy.

Classy, Luxury, and good performance > great performance
I respect your opnion unlike some ignorant people on this forum.
Remember that Subaru is one of the top five automakers
to hold their value over the years and Ford is not one of them.

My friend that had the G35 & 350Z ended up getting an Acura. He bought his wife the TL, and loved it so he decided to get rid of his and went to the RDX for something bigger. After his wife got the TL, he wanted to drive it more than his G35. Acuras are nice and not too overpriced.

What about The G35 with the skyline crap? any difference? I knew this girl that had one, she said it was quick but i never seen it.

Well technically the US G35 is identical to the Japanese Skyline. Same excact car except its a Nissan over there.

The GTR is the ultra high performance skyline with the twin turbo 6 awd. They are supposedly bringing one to the US this year but prices are like 60K+ if I remember right, but its like 500hp I believe.