What do you think about the G35?

• Sponsors (?)

The G35 is quite heavy and slightly slower than the 350Z.
Although the G35 is very luxurious and has a beautiful
interior and the exterior looks better than the 350Z in my
opnion.They are expensive to maintain and overpriced.
If you are set on trading in your mustang trade it in for
a Subaru STI instead. :nice:

they can be expensive. the tires are to last 15k and are unidirectional (esp expensive if you go the 19 route)...very expensive tires. i had a friend sell his right before he had to get new tires...maybe drove it ~20k miles, he was saying that the clutch seemed to be slipping too. he's a very picky guy though...

i do think they're awesome looking cars but i probably would never get one. Out of the 350Z and the G, i'd get the G...a lot better quality (of course you're paying more for the G).
this guy has owned both and loved the G, but actually missed his 350Z because it was a little more fun to drive. If you get the G, make sure you get that clear paint protection...paint quality on both isn't good.

my Dad used to have a G35 sedan (the 260 horse one). It definately had balls. Not stang sized balls, but not too far behind. It handled awesome and was very comfortable..but ti's really narrow on the inside.

I wouldn't recommend one. My best friend bought one in july and just had problem after problem with it. I mean yeah it was a used car but still. It was owned by an old guy in Florida before him. He was having problems with the transmission popping out of gear when you get on it, and the clutch just sucked. It was a 2003 with only 50,000 miles on it and I think the Nissan warranty is till 60,000 and some how the transmission wasn't covered under warranty. I think it was a nice lookin car, and it had a decent amount of power but I would have never gotten one over my stangs. He was either looking at a 2007 GT or this and the G35 was a little bit cheaper than the 07 GT so he decided to do that. Now he wishes he would have gotten the GT to begin with.

I was actually in a debate with buying one before i bought my mustang, but i had test drove the g35 first. And i really liked it alot, but once i saw the stang waiting for me in the dealership, haha i knew i really didnt have to test drive it, had more power, nice interior features and was cheaper than the g35. I have a buddy whos sister bought a G35 and just loves it apperantly, So i have heard 50/50 about them some like and some dont..

I'm just sold on how nice the car is all around. My 97 gt is rattles like no other and it only has 100k miles on it. But I'm not sure seeing as I'm a college student and my financial stability isn't actually in tact. I'm still thinkin about the good ol F150 deal as well cause I do need a truck to carry things since moving isn't actually easy with a sports car.

My mom has an 04 coupe, and we havent really had a problem with it at all. The ride is nice and solid, sporty, but has that luxury feel to it. The drivers seat is very comfortable and easy to go long distance in. I think they got boosted up in power in 06, not too sure the exact year, but the 280hp in the 04 aint bad at all. And im sure if you are already looking at one, you had to have heard the exhaust, the most unique tone ive ever heard. I say go for it :nice:

I had a 2004 G35 Coupe and traded it in for my Saleen. I liked the car a lot. The interior was amazing, the seats were perfect and nothing looked cheapy like they do in mustang interiors. But i wanted something fast. And if you think the 2V GT motor is unresponsive to mods, you should see the VQ35 motor. It responds to nothing besides FI. And even then the limits on those engines are like 350-360 before they pop. Plus i thought that FI on the G was way more expensive to do then it was on the mustang, not sure though. If you dont plan on modding it and are ok with about 240ish rwhp, then go for it. Its a damn nice car.

my mom has an 'o4 sedan and she loves it. her and my dad always argue over who drives it since he always has to take his truck everywhere

i personally really like the car as well and would trade for my car in 2 seconds. not sure i can afford it though

I test drove one before buying a RX-8 early last year. Even for a luxery car the suspension is to harsh, and the engine feels like it would be more at home in a truck. I realize that by owning a Mustang I automatically lose all credibility when discussing suspension, but still... you can have a comfy ride and good suspension at the same time. They failed on that car.

It is SO close to being a good car, if they can mellow out the ride quality without losing anything in the handling department and give it an engine that does not die off so early it would be a great car.

The G35 is quite heavy and slightly slower than the 350Z.
Although the G35 is very luxurious and has a beautiful
interior and the exterior looks better than the 350Z in my
opnion.They are expensive to maintain and overpriced.
If you are set on trading in your mustang trade it in for
a Subaru STI instead. :nice:

overpriced? a sticker is what, 33k? for a car with luxury, a tight suspension, killer looks, bose system, heated seats that are all power? look at the sticker of a new GT, theyre close to 31. I think thats a pretty nice bargain for near 300 horses and luxury. They are expensive to maintain though, theyre not near as bad as a bmw or a german car, but theyre equal to a yota, or any other import. I don't think you'll be disappointed though with its performance. I think it'd be a good trade personally. But that's just my .02. My stepdad had one and I loved it. He put 60k on it and it never had one problem. Do what ya want man, you're the one who has to drive whatever it is you buy, so you may as well buy what ya want.