What Does This Spark Plug Tell You

BigE85

Feb 3, 2017
Kansas
Hey guys i cant figure out why these spark plugs look like this. What is the color telling me. These spark plugs are ngk iridium ur45ix 10682.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

You are burning oil, depending on plug age it could be minor or pcv related.
The Orangebrown insulator says you are burning rich at idle and possible leaded fuel.... does this motor see race fuel? may want to go up a heat range on the plug.
A lot of deposits on the electrode ground says go up a heat range, I can't read the anelment mark.
You a tad too rich says the outer ring.

Stop wasting money on iridium plugs, copper plugs work very well and are my preference in nitrous and boosted applications.

Yeah did put a little bit of race fuel in. what do you suggest i do. change the plugs to copper and see why im running rich were do i go from here plugs are new only have maybe 200 miles on them.

No NGK plugs.... They work best in imports ( for whatever reason ). Our cars run best with regular copper plugs...Autolite or Motorcraft.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah thats what i thought. But i got a good price on them. And i seen other people use them. So i thought it would not cause a problem. But i still dont understand what the problem is. Never seen a plug look like this all 8 look the same. Could a ignition coil be the problem. It has a new distriburator and tfi module new wires

Im sorry i never got back with you my phone broke. im sorry i did not run race fuel it was a lucas octane booster. And im stock right now. But have heads,intake,cai,maf,cam,roller rockers,throttle body,new fuel pump,24ibl injectors,headers,msd idgntion,bama chip,but was trying to get this problem fix before i added all this.change the plugs to copper motorcraft plugs and made a world of diffrence. but still bogs down i think i have a fuel problem. Thanks for the help.