What Does Your Current Part List Look Like?

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
After running through what I need for the cobra it added up very quickly. Here's my list of stuff I need and not stuff that I would like to have:

Rear tires
Rotors and pads for all 4
My rear suspension is shot with shocks and all the bushings so I am going to take this time to go IRS with it as well (This is not a need to have part but if I am going to consider it this is the time)

That list alone is $1500 !!!

Just curious as to what other people where looking at spending soon on their rides whether they are needed or not just soon to be purchases.

• Sponsors (?)

Bought and sitting in the floor:
Sub frames
PHB
T/A
MM2 Bilstiens
MM c&c plates
H&R super race front springs
MM rear T/A springs
01 Cobra bumper
Saleen s281 wing

Want list:
KB 2.1
6 speed
New seats
00 R hood
Built shot block
New wheels

Got some stuff, want more stuff, never will finish.

need list:
tune adjustment
-last tune was with o/r h-pipe and flowmasters, i have switched to a catted x-pipe and magnapacks

change kb oil (i have the oil, havent made time to change it)

want list (prior to tune adjustment):
75mm throttle body
ram air style cai like JLT

want list at some point:
eibach prokit progressive springs
tokico adjustable shocks/struts
LCA's

Bought and sitting in the floor:
Sub frames
PHB
T/A
MM2 Bilstiens
MM c&c plates
H&R super race front springs
MM rear T/A springs
01 Cobra bumper
Saleen s281 wing

Want list:
KB 2.1
6 speed
New seats
00 R hood
Built shot block
New wheels

Got some stuff, want more stuff, never will finish.

Damn Kornnut that's a list larger than mine I think. Your car is gonna be even more of a sweet ride when you get those parts on it. Is your car back to road worthy now and enjoying it?

Damn Kornnut that's a list larger than mine I think. Your car is gonna be even more of a sweet ride when you get those parts on it. Is your car back to road worthy now and enjoying it?
Yeah, its back mobile. Feels like a rocket ship compared to my truck. I think within the next year I am going to step down to 3:55s for it because I am really tired of the 4:30s.

Few more parts I forgot about sitting around
Flowmaster catback
cd player and amps
rack bushings

I had two chances within the past month to pick up 6-speed trannys out of cobras with the 26 spline upgrade. I am moving soon so didn't want to blow the cash. Maybe over the winter I will find one.

Pretty much all I want out of my car is a little above 400 hp and the ability to change it up when I want. I am keeping all stock body parts and when I am bored I will mix and match.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an IRS sitting that I'm trying to accumulate parts:
FTBR full bushing kit
4.10 Gears/Differential

Also have a Teksid block sitting that will follow the rear end so:
Forged rods, pistons
Swap everything from my current block over

Have some cobra side skirts sitting, cobra quarter panel scoops. Gonna get an cervinis heat extractor hood and repaint the whole car

Then hopefully the suspension will hold up long enough for me to put full MM front end in

And finally, Kenne Bell 2.1 in a few years....

Got an IRS sitting that I'm trying to accumulate parts:
FTBR full bushing kit
4.10 Gears/Differential

Also have a Teksid block sitting that will follow the rear end so:
Forged rods, pistons
Swap everything from my current block over

Have some cobra side skirts sitting, cobra quarter panel scoops. Gonna get an cervinis heat extractor hood and repaint the whole car

Then hopefully the suspension will hold up long enough for me to put full MM front end in

And finally, Kenne Bell 2.1 in a few years....

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for an IRS setup and the details on it when you got it? I'm about to buy in 2-4 weeks and I want to be sure I am not spending too much for one.

I paid $350 for one from a 1999 cobra with a broken half shaft. Getting some 31 spline half shafts for $250. So, really not too bad compared to what people try to sell them for, even though I have to build it for it to be usable.

I paid $350 for one from a 1999 cobra with a broken half shaft. Getting some 31 spline half shafts for $250. So, really not too bad compared to what people try to sell them for, even though I have to build it for it to be usable.

Yeah that isn't too bad. The 99's are 28 spline and half shafts correct? And then 01's have 31 splines followed by the 03-04's having the same 31 splines but upgraded half shalft?

Also brtnstrns are you going to upgrade the IRS besides the halfshalf change before putting it in the car? When I get mine I am really considering getting new/upgraded parts while its out of the car before installing it making it tougher to get to.

Also brtnstrns are you going to upgrade the IRS besides the halfshalf change before putting it in the car? When I get mine I am really considering getting new/upgraded parts while its out of the car before installing it making it tougher to get to.

Yeah, I'm not going to put it in until I replace every bushing with Full Tilt Boogie Racing components, a 31 spline differential, and 4.10 gears along with the axles. Also going to need a new catback...damn