What if..... (the never to be again LX option)

With the new 5.0 GT, what if Ford made a new LX V8 model using the old 4.6 3v. This we all know will never happen but would it be something you would be interested in IF it was made. More than likely the new 2011 GT will be knocking on a starting price near 30k. What if Ford offered a LX 4.6 3v with just basic options (such as cloth, no heated seats, basic stereo, 5 speed) for around low to mid 20s. Would you be interested? The V6 model by far outsells the GT and makes a great daily driver. The GT no doubt makes a great daily driver as well but the "GT" name adds insurance premiums to where most GT lusting drivers settle for the V6. Basicly, this LX would be just a fun daily driver/ short trip car with the style of Mustang that doesn't have high performance outputs that spike insurance premiums.

• Sponsors (?)

I think you are dreaming. Plus, at least for me, the difference in insurance cost for a GT and V-6 was very little. I traded a 2005 V-6 for a 2007 GT (in June of 2007) and was surprised at how little the difference was. The gas mileage also is not that much different.
So, let's not assume you would save money.

Basically Ford did away with the LX model by renaming it to Deluxe and skipping on some of the lipstick.

In my 5.0 days (I guess Fox body 5.0 since now I gotta be specific) I had an LX which I liked better because the styling was different not just some options. I think the new S197s could work. Imagine the V6 front fascia ( which I hear some like better then the GT ) perhaps a different lower bumper style maybe color coded for the GT or something like that. Possibilities are endless.

I don't think though that keeping the 4.6L would be beneficial though since Ford would have to specifically keep producing it, and because the output is now bested by the V6 even.