What if ..................

If Ford re-releases the Fox 5.0 for one year would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Rockin302

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2002
California
I wonder how sales would be if Ford brought the Fox 5.0 back for one year. Have all the models LX(hatch/notch), GT, but no Cobra but only with the 302 V8. Would people buy them or would ford be making a mistake? Pricing would be similar to a base 2006 6cyl considering Ford would probably still be using the flimsy plastic parts etc.

Our cars would never pass the safety or emissions standards of todays new cars. They would have to change a lot of stuff just to get it able to be sold. But yeah I would buy one just for the collectors value of it, which is also the reason that they would sell a lot of them.

Now do you mean an ATTEMPTED redo like the t-bird's and belairs of the world, or the original molding kind of car? I'd buy one either way so, meh.

I would love to have a black on black notchback but only if ford would have a powertrain, wheel, and brake delete option. I'm not paying for stuff I would just replace anyways, I just want a brand new foxbody.

I think it would be a great idea to keep the same fox body gt's and lx's and keep a 5.0. They should upgrade the braking system with the same kind they put on the newer 4.6's and probably a few other bugs. Also have better flowing numbers for the heads and intake and it would sell nice

I would prob sell the mach to get another one. I plan on owning the 5.0 longer than the mach anyway. I hate cars today. Too luxurious. You buy a sports car and it has cup holders, baby seat hooks, 6 disc cd player, traction control, power everything...I want a mean ride that is mechanical and not electrical. My fiance's dad is a mechanic for BMW and he hates working on cars now cause you need a damn computer to go with it. Bring the 5.0 back and there will be another one in my driveway!

^^Yeah, I was gunna say... Id probably only consider buying it if it came with all those upgraded pieces plus a Cammer 5.0 instead of the old one. That would be sweet. Otherwise I'd just get an original since they'd be like 1/10th the price. lol

When you look at the the site as a whole, the majority of people spend time in the 5.0 Forums vs the other forums so there still quite a few people out there that would still want a new fox but I understand that the new foxes( if ford were to do it) would probably be a bit pricey compared to the original 5.0's.

Maybe if they just brought back the notchback and lx hatchback with no GT's, maybe that would bring the price down a bit. Or a stripped down version with no power options, no radio, no A/C, no P/S etc...

I wouldnt waste that kind of money on a "new" car because the 5.0 is only a car Id buy to mod. If I bought a new car Id want it stock for a while, especially after a 20K hit. I own a fox because I cant afford anything newer. If I had the money Id have a Mach 1 right now.