what is an auto logic chip

loosescrew79

Dec 18, 2004
I know its another thread started by me but earlier today I pulled this chip out of my ecu. This chip has been in my car for the 2 years I've had it. I never knew it was there. I had to remove it to install my preditor. I felt a huge performce increase with the programmer.

The auto logic has been in my car since the first I drove it so to me it is like stock to me. Why did the programmer make such a big difference over the chip?

Is an autologic chip any good and is it worth selling?

• Sponsors (?)

Autologic is an old 2-bank type chip. They were bought out by Diablo a few years ago I think and very few tuners are using their stuff anymore.

To be used on another car it would have to be reburned as each chip is tailored to the mods that you have and adjusted for your a/f ratio (hopefully anyway).

You can put if up for sale, but I'd be amazed if you got even $50.

I used to run 89 octane for the part.

I think I'll just throw that thing in the trash. The programmer was a huge improvement over that chip. Is there a way to have that chip read to see what those parameters were? Just for the heck of it.

If you can find a dealer still working with autologic they may have the software to read the chips. Honestly it would be easier to take it to a shop and have them datalog the car without the chip and with the chip. Then they could tell you want it's doing. You could then also see how much better the tuner is over the autologic.