what is factory safe with a stock motor and vortech anybody

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
:( :( to much crap going on rigth now for me to get my forged block and have it all put together the way i want so

i opted for a brand new stock long block from mmr

so as to keep this block happy and safe while i have a forged shortblock built for next year

what is the true safe zone for the 4.6l 2v stock motor ??

i heard 450rwhp is the max then i heard anything over 400 is borrowed time

i intend to use every safe thing i can find to keep the motor happy but strong for 18months

i have full exuast with lt headers
vortech sq-trim going with a 3.4pulley down from my 3.60pulley
i have a safe tune from tim very rich a/f @ 5800rpm its just around 11.3 a/f my be a little to rich :D

i will be having an intercooler added to the mix in may

i just want a reliable car that i can beat-up on and know its as good as if it came from the factory that way

and 12's would be nice :D

• Sponsors (?)

From Tim, it's usually right around 400rwhp and no more than 10lbs of boost. That is good enough to get you deep into the 12's.

I disagree. First off, 10 lbs of boost in one stang might produce different HP numbers in another. 450WHP would be safe if you had a conservative tune, intercooler, and good tuner. I have seen these stock blocks last for YEARS with 500+ WHP. There are some people on modularfords with proof. So if you stick under 450, you'll be fine.

BTW- why did you get a stock long block from MMR? The MMR 900 shortblock is only $2800, and you could have used the stock cylinder heads.