what is the best cold air intake?

• Sponsors (?)

there is no best CAI except the one you think looks the best. none will add hp, or enough to notice for that matter. some even take away hp, like the mac CAIs with the 90* angle bend in it

Dont spend your money on a cold air intake! look at my engine pic in my putfile page in my sig and do that! There was no difference on the dyno in my JLT and my stock tube. The only reason to get one is the looks.Just my opinion

i just bought one from ebay, from "wickedcarparts". 50 Bucks shipped, looks and works just like the more expensive stuff, and you can get it in many colors :nice:

and yeah, buy it knowing that youre not going to gain anything from it, just sounds cool. I just bought it because i just installed a new plenum and throttle body and thought ide finish it up by putting something better looking than the rubber one.

Built98GT said:
There was no difference on the dyno in my JLT and my stock tube. The only reason to get one is the looks.Just my opinion

I got the JLT just for the looks. If anything just change your air filter really. If you care about looks, yea just find one that you think looks good. I actually do hear more of a "whistle" but I do have a tb & plenum also. JLT looks sweet...and you can get it painted in your car's color (or any color).

heres a pic of my demolet, looks nice but it was kinda a pain to install:

attachment.php

CDC or KarKraft shaker ftw! (No not because the false Ram Air) but because its the most "cold" air for the filter compared to any other CAI. :) And the looks are killer