What is the best exhaust set up?

JOSTANG75

Jun 5, 2003
RHODE ISLAND
I just bought a 04 Gt and would like to improve the exhaust sound from stock. Should I just change the mufflers or just go ahead and buy a catback set up from Flowmaster? Is there a big difference in sound between the two? And what would you guys recommend as a shop to go to to have it done? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I got em very slightly used from a guy that goes to Mike Dez's garage for $200 and installed them myself. you can get some cash back by carefully cutting off your stock exhaust and posting it for sale on 3.8mustang.com or v6power.net. I sold mine off there so it was like paying only 100 for the new catback.

showstopper2 said:
I got em very slightly used from a guy that goes to Mike Dez's garage for $200 and installed them myself. you can get some cash back by carefully cutting off your stock exhaust and posting it for sale on 3.8mustang.com or v6power.net. I sold mine off there so it was like paying only 100 for the new catback.
I just listened to a couple of sound clips of the SLP's and they sound awesome :hail2: ! If I was to buy them do you think they (Dez's) would install them? Thanks. P.S. Do you know if the product #M31002 is the correct one?