What is tube for?

• Sponsors (?)

Just sold our house in CT.
Got 2 offers on the first day, both 30k more than our listing price, it's crazy !
Looks like the the East coast is also getting a surge of people from California. I heard people are selling their homes and sticking that money in the bank. I don't know if I would do that because you still got to pay off the house. But why would I move into an apartment and pay 3400 when I'm paying 1500. Doesn't make sense ...

Looks like the the East coast is also getting a surge of people from California. I heard people are selling their homes and sticking that money in the bank. I don't know if I would do that because you still got to pay off the house. But why would I move into an apartment and pay 3400 when I'm paying 1500. Doesn't make sense ...

A lot of folks here are boomers using the opportunity to downsize. They are selling their 1500 sf ranch with dated kitchen and furnishings for $750K and buying a condo in FL or some other retirement state for $150-200K and banking the rest. I have two older neighbors on my street who have done this in the last 2 weeks. One house some for $140K over asking price.

This latest rise is just incredible and unbelievable.

A lot of folks here are boomers using the opportunity to downsize. They are selling their 1500 sf ranch with dated kitchen and furnishings for $750K and buying a condo in FL or some other retirement state for $150-200K and banking the rest. I have two older neighbors on my street who have done this in the last 2 weeks. One house some for $140K over asking price.

This latest rise is just incredible and unbelievable.
I feel like another housing bubble will be bursting very, very shortly.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s about time for another bubble to burst. It would be good to skip it, but it’s cyclical.
I knew a lot of farmers in Oklahoma years ago who have since passed. That was a formative experience for them. The article mentions Reagan, a lot of them were staunch Democrats because they lived through the depression and credited FDR and jobs with the CCC and WPA with putting food on the table then. The farm crisis only cemented that sentiment for them.