What is your dream car?

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Vass, NC
I've got a little money from my recent 1-year trip to Afghanistan, and intend to spend some of it on cars/my car. I've been pretty happy with my '97 Vette and just got an offer of $14k on it. As I was considering it, I started thinking about what my next car would be if I sold it. I noticed that Gen II Vipers have come down in price and I've been thinking about buying this Dodge Viper: http://www.viperalley.com/forum/viper-discussions-gen-i/96583-new-viper-classified-2000-a-3.html.
ViperGTS08.jpg

The difference is more than I want to put into a car right now, but the car is absolutely gorgeous, and every time I look at it I feel the urge/temptation to go for it. Today, I realized that it just isn't what I want. I think it would be a blast to drive, but I really like my Vette, and want to put any money I'll spend into my dream car: my '91 Mustang. It just occured to me today that I don't want to be 'that guy with the Viper/ferrari/porsche/lambo/whatever.' I really just want to be the guy with the built mustang. Now, I can see tracking my Corvette or one day in the future getting another good handling, sexy, 2-seater that grabs attention, and if I had Jay Leno's money, I'd have a garage full of sexy ass cars that I'd drive once a month each.

But, what this thread all boils down to for me is that if it came down to one performance car that I'd own and drive for the rest of my life, it would really be a built fox-body Mustang. My car has a long way to go before it'll be finished, but it's kinda cool to know that I already have my dream car. :nice:

So, I'm curious, how many of you drive a fox because it's your dream car/all you want in a car? If your dream car is something else, post up a pic of whatever it is that gets your rocks off :D. If I wanted a beater to park next to my fox in the garage, this was what I'd go for (I'd still keep the fox if I could only have one ;)):
large_1299939193_df2d5334929c89be6493655047b7f86d54c61830.jpg

550%20Maranello%20Interior.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've thought about this a lot. If I won the lottery, I'd still have my fox. It'd be an 8 second turbo street car with a/c.

There'd also be a high-horse road race setup '70 fastback with some ridiculous wheel/tire combo.

Since the reintroduction of Fords' homage to the original GT 40, this has been it for me.
ford_gt-206974.jpg

But that's all it is, a dream car.:drool:

Ohh wait! maybe I'll buy another fox and.........I wonder if the Chinese make repro parts for this car yet?:nono:

Reactions: 1 users
Since the reintroduction of Fords' homage to the original GT 40, this has been it for me.
ford_gt-206974.jpg

But that's all it is, a dream car.:drool:

Ohh wait! maybe I'll buy another fox and.........I wonder if the Chinese make repro parts for this car yet?:nono:

Mike, I love this car and really considered mentioning it above. But then I thought, "Where could I REALLY drive this thing?" So I'm with you, its a dream car. I'm really not sure if I'd rather have a picture of this or a spread eagle pic of Kaley Cuoco above my bed... It gets the same reaction.

Also, does anyone else have that phobia that they'll get the chance to own their dream car but once they sit in it / drive it, find out they hate the way it rides/drives?

My notch rides like a tank :(

My Foxes really are my dream car. My Saleen will be in my garage until the day I die.

That said, if space and funds allowed, there are a couple of others I'd like to have. My "realistic" dream car is to build a Factory 5 Roadster that would end up looking just like this:

1965_shelby_cobra_roadster_2005_factory_5_replica_mint_38000_ct_-_06477_9549562.jpg

My ultimate "I won a huge lottery prize and have more money that I could ever spend" car is this one:

e646_4.JPG

I've always wanted a goofy litter Caterham Seven. 0-60 in just over 3 seconds and agile as Barry Sanders in his prime. It has a 2 liter Zetec under the "bonnet."

caterham-seven-r500.jpg

But I'm a huge rally fan, too, so...

Ford-Fiesta-Ken-Block-Special-Edition-1.jpg

Also, does anyone else have that phobia that they'll get the chance to own their dream car but once they sit in it / drive it, find out they hate the way it rides/drives?

My notch rides like a tank :(

This would be the biggest letdwon of owning most dream cars. The Daytona Coupes have a very noisy suspension as most of it consists of heim joints, The Vipers have horrible ergonomics. The clutch pedal is all the way to the left. No place to rest your left foot other than on the clutch pedal or under it. The GT-40 has doors designed so that you cannot open them when parked next to another car, you need at least a car width and a half next to you just so you can get in and out. The Cobras are awesome except they are sunny day only rides and the noise is cool for a while, after a 1/2 hr you want out (unless open tracking the car)
I don't mean to burst bubbles here, but a lot of dream cars a hard to live with. It is like swinging a sledge hammer, the first couple of blows are neat, even fun, but after a bit you just want to put it down and go to something else.

The best dream cars are those that belong to someone else and that you get to drive from time to time. All of the fun, without the pain of ownership. Kind of like owning a boat.

And Wythors, Please, Please compare a Factory 5 kit to a Superformance Kit Cobra. Side by side if you can. The Superformance version is 10 times the car for not that much more (relatively speaking).