What Mods for a 2005?

MrMorden

Nov 28, 2001
Athens, GA
I'm planning on getting a new Mustang in either late 2005 or 2006, and I'm making a list of mods I would want to do. I don't want to go with as radical a setup as I had on my last car (see below), but want it to just be a fun daily driver. I'm thinking:

4.10 gears
Magnaflow (packs?) exhaust
Aftermarket shifter
Stiffer springs
N/A tune from T&J Performance (maybe)

So, what do you plan to do your YOUR 2005+ Stang? :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Mods

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my 05 stang and since I am picking it up in 2 weeks I will finally be able to start to look at what will look good and bad as Mods but here is what I am thinking:

255 Nitto 555 front, 295 Nitto 555 rear
18x9 ROH fury black ice front, 18x10 ROH fury black ice
75mm throttle body, and MAF
Cold air intake
Headers, catted X, Borla Stingers

Just for starters These will be done within the first 6 months :lol:

First thing I do to all my cars, I tint the windows, I will do limousine black all the way around. By the way, those ROH fury black ice rims are so tight, I was looking at them the other day, I was very impressed with them. If I got a rim liek that, id put bigger calipers on it, and paint them a contrast color to the car, and write GT on it or something. Probably lower it depending on what I like and see around, I need more info before I can give concrete stuff. id like 18x10 back, 18x9 front definetly do air intake, but before I spent 300.00 on air intake, I wait to see future opens as in super chargers etc. gear ration is also a factor, etc etc we will see what comes out.

First thing I'll do is get stripes - front to back.
Then 275's front and back with torque thrust wheels.
After that a cold air kit and mean exhaust.
Man - would that be happy.

Well I cahnge the looks first on all my new cars. Performance parts wont be out for a little while, so rims, and tiniting and stiff, are things I can get done till the aftermarket catches up. Than Its big intake, headers, exhaust, suspention, etc

It's nice to see someone else is waiting besides me. I'm thinking exhaust depending on the HP and TQ gains I hope toget 20Hp and 25TQ. I'm also going to be thinking about interior. Also rims and tires. I have to feel the car to know what is the goign to be the 1st thing I do.

For an '05 headed to the track, if I had the money:

Underdrive pulleys
Rear gearing
Weight reduction
Slicks
Port and polish heads/intake
High-flow exhaust
Built auto
Dyno tune

Has anyone heard anything about exhaust headers for the new 3V heads? For example, will existing longtubes work with slight modifications, or will we have to wait?

Also, does anyone know the camshaft specs for the '05? What kind of room for improvement is there?

ga01blkgt said:
check with Steeda. they have a bunch of mods already to get it to 350hp at the crank...

Yep, They are working on a 400+hp supercharged GT and here is the 350 hp Screamin Yellow :hail2:

STEEDA-Ad-Car-609.jpg

I personally feel that every mustang owner should do some mods to the outside of their mustang to differentiate them from the crowd...Being that sooo many of them are sold.

I have yet to own one, but am leaning towards getting one and exterior mods would be my first choice. Nothing major at first, but definitely lowering springs, a set of kick butt rims, and window tint...then later a body kit all around to make it look more dropped and personalized.

Personally, I'd want mine to stand out and have a little individuality.

Just my two cents...

Nathan

Js90Lx said:
Whats up Andy? Hey man did you sale your car locally? I saw you a couple of times in August before you sold it.

Hey man, how's it going? I sold it to a 19 year old down in South Georgia. I just hope he doesn't kill himself. :notnice:

How's your car running? Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you want to chat!

Andy