what needs to be done

spikeGT_99

May 3, 2004
Jackson, Ms
ok ive decided to make a few little changes to my 67 while im restoring it. im looking to put about 350+ to the ground so i know i gotta change that p.o.s. peg-leg rear end :notnice: and im thinking about putting disks on all 4 corners and ditching the drums, but im curious if i need to swap blocks, im gonna rebuild the whole engine but i wanna know if id need to buy a new shortblock or just strip the old one and use it :shrug: i know my way around an engine but im kinda new at this restoration thing so anything id need to change or something i might have missed please let me know.

thanks in advance. Spike.

• Sponsors (?)

The only real reason to ditch the block you have is because of damage. You may just need to clean it up and have it bored if not already done. Looking for 350 from a 289, what mods are you planning? Heads, more radical cam? supercharging. We really need more info.

im planning on staying n/a and getting it bored. an aggressive heads and cam package, forged bottom end, bumping up the compression, nothing real crazy, just enough to make the performance match the sound. i figured 350 to the wheels was reasonable tell me if its not wise with the 289. im not sure exactly what im going to do but i got a general idea, reliability and driveablility arent extreme issues but i dont wanna spend ALL my spare time under the hood
Spike