what pullies to use with roller 302 swap in classic

blown90notch

Oct 16, 2008
i am helping a friend install a roller 302 from an 89 mustang in his 67 fastback.we used the original timing cover and waterpump off the 289 and are trying to figure out if there are pullies available to set this up properly.all he has to run is the alt,waterpump and crank pully.most kits i have seen cost alot of money and are for a/c,p/s etc.any suggestions would be great.
thanks
mark

• Sponsors (?)

What I did on my car was use a serpentine style belt, but ran it like a regular v-belt (clockwise water pump). I used the late model mustang crank pulley (E4ZE?), an 80s crown vic 5.0L water pump pulley (D9AE? OR F0AE? I think, have to double check, both work but slightly different sizes), and any alternator pulley, but I just went with a late model 3g alternator. The alternator and pulleys from the local U-pick cost me under $30, incuding about 5' of 4ga alternator output wire.

thanks for the suggestions.we found a setup that works.we used the stock w/p pulley with a crank pulley we had off an early 80's f150 and they lined up properly.the crank pully had 3 groves and we only needed 1 so i took my plasma cutter and cut off the 2 outside groves.definately made for a clean look when done.
thanks again!!!!

What I did on my car was use a serpentine style belt, but ran it like a regular v-belt (clockwise water pump). I used the late model mustang crank pulley (E4ZE?), an 80s crown vic 5.0L water pump pulley (D9AE? OR F0AE? I think, have to double check, both work but slightly different sizes), and any alternator pulley, but I just went with a late model 3g alternator. The alternator and pulleys from the local U-pick cost me under $30, incuding about 5' of 4ga alternator output wire.

The Vic pulley would have been an E5 or E6AE, that was the first year for the std rotation dual belt Vic setup. Same thing I'm running on the 5.0 in my 89 Ranger. Definately not a D9 part, the "F0" may be right, although the 91's were the last year models for this setup.