What should a trans swap cost?

NEEDA5.0

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2002
I burnt 3rd gear really bad today at the track. So now I just have 1 and 2. Which ain't gonna work. My 94 is official done with racing duty. I'm thinking about getting a rebuilt trans off Ebay that carries a 18 month/18,000 mile warranty. The OEM trans is $675 and the performance trans (heavy duty) is $950. So I was just wondering what I can expect to pay for labor only on a trans swap.

• Sponsors (?)

NEEDA5.0 said:
I burnt 3rd gear really bad today at the track. So now I just have 1 and 2. Which ain't gonna work. My 94 is official done with racing duty. I'm thinking about getting a rebuilt trans off Ebay that carries a 18 month/18,000 mile warranty. The OEM trans is $675 and the performance trans (heavy duty) is $950. So I was just wondering what I can expect to pay for labor only on a trans swap.
what happened to 4th?

i'm thinking labor is on the order of 4 hours or so.

It won't go past 3rd. Third just revs, all the way to redline. I was hoping at that high an rpm it'd shift into OD. I even got on it in second until about 60 but when I shifted into drive it just reved. That trans is screwed. I was having problems before which I attributed to the 4.10's. The chip I got a week ago seemed to help. But then I was flyin through the lights and it downshifted hard and there was this horrible whine. I thought somrthing locked up it threw me so hard forward. Just what you want to feel at 90 mph.