What size injectors???

LS2 KLR

Apr 16, 2003
Houston, TX
I am currently having a new shortblock installed and was wondering what size injectors I will need? I should have about 325rwhp and a 150 shot on top of that. I talked to a shop that dyno-tuned my car last and they told me I could stick with my 19lbers and they could just add fuel. This seems a little hard to believe but was looking for other input.

for 325 rwhp, 19 lb injectors will be fine. If you start trying to build up over that your gonna need bigger ones. I would at least go with 24 or 36 lb injectors. If you think a S/C is in your future, then go with 42 lb injectors.
How are you planning to run the N2O?

Just my opinion, but I don't know if I'd want to put down 325 rwhp on 19# injectors. The nitrous will probably feed off the rail (I'm assuming) and might have a small impact on fuel pressure as well (not sure about that).

I just installed 30# injectors based on my plans and spoke with Tim @ T&J. He said they put down 415 rwhp with 30# injectors in one case. In his words, it was taxing the injectors, but still safe.

If you are planning to do a substantial buildup, I'd say get the MAF, tune & injectors for whatever you're looking at ultimately putting down. You can always continue to tune for the power level, but it could get expensive recalibrating the MAF & replacing the injectors every step of the way.

Thanks fellas. The motor being built is a forged, 20 over shortblock with 10.5:1 compression. I also bought some SHM cams and having a 3 angle valve job done. I currently have a dry shot but will be having it converted to wet.