What smog/emission equipment do I delete???

I've have Deleted EGR and replace with a Trick Plug That tells the computer the egr is still doing it's job(due to the fact of going with a GT40 intake that was external egr gases with no port) Also The TFS TW heads I put on Allowed me to delete the smog.

• Sponsors (?)

I've have Deleted EGR and replace with a Trick Plug That tells the computer the egr is still doing it's job(due to the fact of going with a GT40 intake that was external egr gases with no port) Also The TFS TW heads I put on Allowed me to delete the smog.

You are better off removing the plug that fools the computer and LeT the computer see the egr is disabled so it can disable that function in it's programming.

If you trick the computer into letting it think it works when it doesn't, you run the risk of running lean due tp the computer pulling fuel as it would do with a functional EGR.

I have the Trick Flow set up on mine with an offroad X pipe, I left the entire emissions set up as is, no codes and no lights, and the BBK pipe has the air tube which of course is doing nothing but if I have a change of heart and put cats back on I'm good to go.

Maybe your stock cats were clogged :shrug:

Real world tests have shown less than a 5hp gain when removing the cats from a built engine. You wouldn't feel that and a stockish engine would gain even less.

I thought the same thing years ago when I put an off-road h-pipe and Bama chip on my '95. About three years ago I added cats and removed the chip and noticed no difference in performance. :shrug: Placebo effect, I think.

Maybe your stock cats were clogged :shrug:

Real world tests have shown less than a 5hp gain when removing the cats from a built engine. You wouldn't feel that and a stockish engine would gain even less.
Well is all about stress on the belt. It would be similar to taking off rotational weight which even if it’s only a few pounds will make a noticeable difference. Or maybe it’s cause my car is 210 lbs lighter than stock so it’s more noticeable. I mean I can feel the difference when I’ve got my passenger seat in and not

Well is all about stress on the belt. It would be similar to taking off rotational weight which even if it’s only a few pounds will make a noticeable difference. Or maybe it’s cause my car is 210 lbs lighter than stock so it’s more noticeable. I mean I can feel the difference when I’ve got my passenger seat in and not

What did you remove to reduce weight by that much?

Sorry, should have said removing both the smog pump and the cats have been proven to gain less than 5hp. The parasitic loss of the smog pump is negligable. If you saved 210 pounds out of the car, that's the difference you are feeling.

What did you remove to reduce weight by that much?

Sorry, should have said removing both the smog pump and the cats have been proven to gain less than 5hp. The parasitic loss of the smog pump is negligable. If you saved 210 pounds out of the car, that's the difference you are feeling.
All I haven in is a driver seat. No dash or anything and it’s been like that for a year. Maybe it’s different for every car or maybe my bearings were already going. I’m all about power to weight for cheap and I wouldn’t cheat myself if I didn’t feel a difference ‍♂️

All I haven in is a driver seat. No dash or anything and it’s been like that for a year. Maybe it’s different for every car or maybe my bearings were already going. I’m all about power to weight for cheap and I wouldn’t cheat myself if I didn’t feel a difference ‍♂️

Your 'feeling' is what is being debunked:
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/underdrive-pulleys-and-rwhp.512409/

Keep in mind that these are engine dyno results. That roughly translates to less than 2 HP to the wheels.

Seriously, if I had a dollar for every teen that listed "butt-dyno" results on forums and websites, I'd be sipping on an umbrella drink on my own private island resort.

Reactions: 1 user
I understand this is a dead post, but hopefully it will populate so I don't need to clog with another post.

that being said, I have an 88 gt, removing the smog pump and associated parts plugging the heads, excuse my ignorance but Is anything else required or is the egr still fine to do its thing or do I need to do anything with that just want to remove it for the engine bay space and get some weight out of there.

EGR is a separate system. Just remove the pump, hoses to heads and h-pipe and you can cap off and remove the two solenoids that control the TAD and TAB.

Just be careful not to remove the EGR solenoid above the TAD/TAB solenoids and it's related plumbing.