What stock heads are the best.

• Sponsors (?)

everything 87 up had e7s from the factory.

93 cobras, lightning pickups, and some explorers for a few years had the regular GT-40s

later year explorers had the gt-40 Ps which are the best factory head.
they have a smaller exhaus valve. but a totally different port design but the P heads flow better than gt-40.

the alum gt40s are different, they are aftermarket and flow better. IIRC the X gt40s arent much more than the regular iron gt40s and the Y gt40s are the better alum gt40s

I talk to alot of the circle track racers here and they all tell me the GT-40 is a better head than the P's.....maby for them because they run like 7000+ rpm

I was always under the impression that the 40's were better than the p's even before they tell me that.

I talk to alot of the circle track racers here and they all tell me the GT-40 is a better head than the P's.....maby for them because they run like 7000+ rpm

I was always under the impression that the 40's were better than the p's even before they tell me that.

The P's are a slightly modified version of the plain GT-40. The plug angle was reposition for the spark to show the most, they flow slighly more and the exhaust valve was reduced to help scavenging.

Most modifications tend to improve a design. I beleive they did in this case