What suspension part should go in next?

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
California
I so far have pro-kit springs, bilstein dampers, c/c plates and full-length subframe connectors now. I want even more handling capability.

I'm deciding which part of my suspension I should tune next. I want something that has noticeable handling improvement, not just some little thing where the benefit is all in my head (i.e. feeling power from underdrive pullies or CAI's). :p

I'm thinking about getting the Eibach Anti-Roll Kit. What do you guys think? Is it a NOTICEABLE improvement in handling?

• Sponsors (?)

stangGT97 said:
2004 cobra IRS swap. go big or go home
Stock IRS is just meh. Built IRS is great, but will cost alot more than built live axle setup.

Seraphitia102 said:
where can i get the parts for an IRS swap?
eBay or classified ads on stangnet, corral, MD, MF, etc.... But you really don't want to do an IRS swap... It requires new exhaust, ALOT of work, and ALOT of money to do properly (IMHO coilovers, diff bushings, subframe bushings, and diff brace are REQUIRED minimums when swapping to IRS).

If you're talking about corner carving handling, go with a Maximum Motorsports panhard bar - then if you need to hook and handle even more checkout EvM tri-link or Maximum Motorsports torque arm.

Also, to answer your questions - aftermarket lower control arms replace the weak stock peices which have soft bushings and because of their stamped steel construction flex quite a bit (this is BAD). The aftermarket peices have stiffer bushings and tubular or boxed construction (much stonger, no flex). A panhard bar consists of a "frame" peice which connects to the body or frame rails of the car, then a large bar (the panhard bar) connects the panhard bar frame to the rear axle. When the suspension is compressed the bar holds the axle to the frame so it can't move side to side (this is refered to as controlling lateral movement on all of the sites you're looking at).

BennyBlown2v said:
Stock IRS is just meh. Built IRS is great, but will cost alot more than built live axle setup.

eBay or classified ads on stangnet, corral, MD, MF, etc.... But you really don't want to do an IRS swap... It requires new exhaust, ALOT of work, and ALOT of money to do properly (IMHO coilovers, diff bushings, subframe bushings, and diff brace are REQUIRED minimums when swapping to IRS).

If you're talking about corner carving handling, go with a Maximum Motorsports panhard bar - then if you need to hook and handle even more checkout EvM tri-link or Maximum Motorsports torque arm.

Also, to answer your questions - aftermarket lower control arms replace the weak stock peices which have soft bushings and because of their stamped steel construction flex quite a bit (this is BAD). The aftermarket peices have stiffer bushings and tubular or boxed construction (much stonger, no flex). A panhard bar consists of a "frame" peice which connects to the body or frame rails of the car, then a large bar (the panhard bar) connects the panhard bar frame to the rear axle. When the suspension is compressed the bar holds the axle to the frame so it can't move side to side (this is refered to as controlling lateral movement on all of the sites you're looking at).

Thanks for your information :) Lots of $$$ going through those words haha.

If I have to do that much work for an IRS swap, I don't wanna deal with it. Rather buy a ProCharger ;)

Kilgore Trout said:
Please do not do a ghey azz IRS swap :notnice:

Just look around the Maximum Motorsports website, they have great products and information.

I just bought the Eibach Anti-Roll Kit.

I'm also planning on getting front coil-overs since I already have Bilsteins to go with them, and adjustable control arms for the rears so I can adjust ride height on all sides.

Kilgore Trout said:
(1)Please do not do a ghey azz IRS swap :notnice:

(2)Just look around the Maximum Motorsports website, they have great products and information.

(1)Fact is built IRS will out handle built TA/PHB live axle. Built IRS, however, requires much more specialization if you're gonna go drag vs. open track - live axle car its pretty much just a choice of spring rates. (2)+1 hehe :flag: