What to do in Portland on week nights?

killrb

Founding Member
Apr 1, 2002
Stanwood, Washington
So I am going to be in Portland from Sunday night thru Wednesday night. What is there to do? March 9th - 12th.

I am going to be staying out by the airport. Any good places to grab some dinner or any place worth stopping by?

Brandon

• Sponsors (?)

Ember's in downtown Portland has drag races. :rlaugh:

I've never understood the rainbow flags outside though. :shrug:

Just kidding. What are you gonna be in Portland for? RREV and torquefreaks isn't too far from the airport.

So I am going to be in Portland from Sunday night thru Wednesday night. What is there to do? March 9th - 12th.

I am going to be staying out by the airport. Any good places to grab some dinner or any place worth stopping by?

Brandon

How mobile are you? If you can get downtown a couple of good places to catch dinner are Portland City Grill, Henry's, Rock Bottom, Masu Sushi, or Typhoon. It just depends on your preference. As for cool places to go and check out, not really anything that sticks out in my mind. What do you do in your hometown? That might help us out in giving suggestions...:nice:

How mobile are you? If you can get downtown a couple of good places to catch dinner are Portland City Grill, Henry's, Rock Bottom, Masu Sushi, or Typhoon. It just depends on your preference. As for cool places to go and check out, not really anything that sticks out in my mind. What do you do in your hometown? That might help us out in giving suggestions...:nice:

All good recommendations.

I'd say getting out to Germantown Rd, you'll get to drive one of our more enjoyable pieces of blacktop. (Drive slow the first time.) Follow it up with a trip to skyline burger, that's a pretty good outing :)

Yeah, the ideas for good places to get a bit to eat are great. I will have my vehicle down there so getting out is not a problem. Some dinners might be a good way to break in the new company credit card! :)

Jeff, I don't play enough poker to hop on that wagon, but I really appreciate the offer.

Germantown road... Is that off the freeway that intersects I-5? The area you are talking about is east of I-5, right? I was in some little area that had quite a few ethnic food and shop places all in about 15 blocks.

Thanks, Guys.

Brandon

Yeah, the ideas for good places to get a bit to eat are great. I will have my vehicle down there so getting out is not a problem. Some dinners might be a good way to break in the new company credit card! :)

Jeff, I don't play enough poker to hop on that wagon, but I really appreciate the offer.

Germantown road... Is that off the freeway that intersects I-5? The area you are talking about is east of I-5, right? I was in some little area that had quite a few ethnic food and shop places all in about 15 blocks.

Thanks, Guys.

Brandon

Glad I could help! Let me know if there is anything else I can offer! I could give you about 100 other places that are amazing to eat, but for entertainment.... :shrug:

I don't know of a Germantown Rd. eastside of Portland, but I do know of one on the westside. You can get to it a different couple of ways. Considering the fact that you would be coming from the airport, I would take I205 to I84 to I5 towards St. Helens (highway 30). Germantown will be on the left side up the hill near St. John's bridge.

Germantown always has traffic, though. A better route is to head up Highway 30 past Cornelius Pass Rd a few miles until you get to Rocky Point Road (there are signs on Hwy 30 1/4 mile before you get to it). It is extremely twisty, gains elevation fast, and has very little traffic. Turn left at the top and take Skyline all the way back to Germantown. The only negative is that a few areas of pavement on Rocky Point are in need of attention, but overall it's a very fun road. And then Skyline is smooth, fast, and scenic.

tons of good roads to drive off highway 30 mcnamme,newbury,rocky point and a few others that i cant remeber the name off hand. i may be in for a nice evening drive if anyone wants to go, need to get the rx7 out of the grage and blow some carbon out of it.