What weight for my tranny and rear diff ?

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
I been using RP on my tranny and rear and final result its a POS oil. Please recomment me none syntec fluid for tranny and rear diff. I heard that in the rear its require some special additive , what this call and where can I get it ? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You're supposed to use ATF in most manual transmissions. NOT transmission oil. I use Mobil 1 in the trans and in the rear end. Their full synthetic gear oil @ 75w140 has friction modifiers built in - I've had better luck with that than the motocraft oil + friction mod.

think about it, your rear end doesnt have coolant passing by it or being directly cooled like the engine and tranny. It's a closed system, therefore heat that's built up pretty much stays there. You dont want an oil like mineral that breaks down bonds after extended periods of heat, synthetic is the take all champ at handling high temps. Just dont use a sythetic that has a detergent in it

I heard knock on second gear pulling and and buzzing noise when stay in third ? should I check the fluid or what the knock for ?

change the trans fluid and use a mercon5 automatic trans fluid:nice: . for the rear you can use the 75w140 gear oil *note all 75w140 is synthetic and does not require friction modifier with it*. you can also use the 80w90 gear oil with the modifier:D . i use this method cause its cheaper, $4 bucks for the oil x2 and 6or7 bucks for the modifier, and works great compared to 14to17 bucks a quart for the 75w140.:jaw: