What would you get if...

Jeffspeed24

Dec 22, 2003
what would you get if the next generation mustang GT becomes to expensive for YOU.
im got a date set for fall of 2006 but things can happen till then, if things dont get more prosperious............I might settle for a 01-03 GT or the 06 V6.
What would you get?

• Sponsors (?)

I would get a 2006/2007 Mustang GT with all the rebates and Ford incentives. Ford will have lots of these brand new Mustangs unsold on their lots after 2 years of production. They will be giving good deals on them so I wouldn't get too worked up about things. Even if things aren't going to be so prosperous for you, you will be able to get one. If you buy a 2003/2004 GT you will be saving a few thousand dollars, but not that much. You are better off buying brand new and leaving aside other people's problems. That's why they traded in or sold their Mustangs and that's why you have lots of used Mustangs for sale at the dealer lots. Because they don't want to deal with the repair problems with their Mustangs. And as for the lease and rental fleet Mustang vehicles, most of them have been beaten by people that had them. You don't want to buy a rental fleet vehicle. Everybody that I know who bought a fleet rental vehicle ended up having problems with their cars down the road and it cost them thousands of dollars to fix them.

I'm planning a similar strategy to Ron's. As tough as it's going to be, I'm going to wait out the initial '05 buying frenzy and all that will go with it and probably go with an '06 or '07. I figure it will be worth the wait. I'd like to get a dark green-type color, which isn't even going to be available on the '05's, just the lime green. I've always thought the Mustang looked great in dark green. I'll try to use this to help rationalize why I'm waiting, if price alone isn't enough. ;)