What's needed for 85GT to 93GT front end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably wont happen now since I have to replace the rearend, but there is a guy in L.A. who has an LX front end with EVERYTHING, hood, door moldings, quarter glass, and hatch(mine is showing rust) for less than $500. Sound like a good deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, I really appreciate the compliments on my car.
26125747-b72c-02000180-.jpg

Smock, $500 is a great deal for all that stuff. If the door moldings are removed from a car, they probably won't be usable. 99% of the time they get bent at least a little in removal, and you will never straighten them. New ones are over $100 each. 1/4 glass is also very expensive, even in not so good condition. Dude, I would love to have your front end if you take it off. I can offer you a new (never out of the box) Cervini's Cobra wing and a set of headlights and turn signals with all of the bulb sockets and about 6 inches of wiring for each socket. The wiring for all fox headlights, turn signal, and park lights are color coded the same, so it's an easy splice.

I have a full 87+ Saleen ground effects set and I want an 85 or 86 front to go with it so bad, you can't even imagine.

I personally prefer four eye fronts, but not pre-86 cars. Too many weaker factory parts. Although for someone who would be upgrading all of the mechanical systems in the car anyways, the early cars are fine. The only aero nose I like is the Cervini's GT Stalker, which is what I put on my Capri. At some point, I plan on cutting up a GT Stalker front, like I did my 93 GT, and put it together with the upper half of a early fox stang bumper cover. When I do this I will not be using the grille section or the headlight bezels from the stang, I will be machining these items from billet aluminum to get the look I want, similar to my Capri grille & bezels but matched to a stang hood.

Well, that's my story........

Cliff :D

If there is one thing that impresses me, its customizing. The art of fabbing, cutting, welding, massaging, tinkering, aligning, and customizing is such a hard thing to master and takes a lot of imagination. Your idea sounds great, good job on the car.

Yo, smockdoiley, stop being such a jackass. You are rude to about 95% of the people that posted here and frankly you sound like a complete retard. If you really think you can just get tech advice with no opinions then you are a moron, it's just human nature to offer opinions. I don't care about you or your nasty piece of crap car you are about to butcher. I took a look at your car from the website you posted.....wow. It is about the most wretched thing I have ever seen. I could care less what kind of engine is in it. The fact remains that it is a dirty, nasty-looking pile of metal that used to be great when it came off the assembly line. As for your 'custom' interior, it looks so vile that I want to puke. When you get your monster created I hope you wreck it in a tree and the damn thing catches on fire and explodes!!! I know many people like you and they are all jackasses that I wouldnt give a drop of water to if they were dying of thirst. If you were any stupider your brain wouldn't even be able to process the simple functions needed to live and you would fall over dead. Have a nice day, asswipe.

My 83 was converted from the 4eyed to the newer style (Pics in sig) I have nothing against the 4 eyed stangs and actually would like to build a nice 4 eye some day but as far as mine 83 was concerned nothing was origional (ie. motor is a 91 mass air, I switched the entire interior to 87+, not to mention ever single piece of wiring in the entire car, qtr windows etc....etc..... There was nothing I didn't change, so I really don't see the big deal about making a few cosmetic changes. IMO it's your car so do what you want w/ it. Since your the one paying for it and driving it everyday set it up the way you want it. Your car is pretty well moded anyways so I see where your coming from, it's not like it's all origional 4 eye (then I'd have to slap you)

Wow, that looks really clean. Good job. Yeah, a really cool ex-marine from LA was going to hook me up with everything including a new hatch since mine is rotting, but I needed to replace my rearend. I left bad for having him set everything up and then I couldnt come through. I guess if I do the swap it will have to be in the future. At least I finally finished the rearend and 5 lug disc brake conversion!!

Not-so-slick88gt, you make me laugh. Its funny that you are defending the 4-eyed look and saying the car was beautiful coming off the show room floor. Yet you defile me and what I have done to the car. The exterior of the car is dent free and has not been touched since the car was built, save for an 82 hood scoop which belongs to that era Mustang. So saying its ugly its a contradiction of what you previously said. Saying its ugly is saying Ford made it ugly like that because it looks about 95% stock from the outside. Sorry you feel that way, but you don't even know me. I'm one of the few guys who will actually stop to see if you need help stuck on the highway, or will see if I have any extra junk laying around to fix your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.