What's the definitive answer, if one?

Sorry I've been sorta MIA lately gang....just a lot of work and personal issues....

I got the itch to install some goodies again, and have read the articles and posts here and on MD about the TB/Upper intake combos.

So, for those of you more up to date than me, please enlighten me.

What's the best setup found so far, in terms of power gains and under-the-curve gains?

Where's the cheapest to buy such a combo?

What are your experiences on the combo you bought?

What dyno gains did you get, if any?

What improvement in timeslips did you gain, if any?

Let me know gang.....bring me up to date :)

• Sponsors (?)

coolness.. I like this thread already. I don't have the plenum/tb yet, but I did gather lots of info.

-MD article: http://www.modulardepot.com/?show=articlesdet&aid=38

-best place to buy (cheapest): http://www.crmotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=UP&Category_Code=A

-accufab plenum/TB combo gives the best result. To compare 70mm and 75mm.. the power under curve are very similar. peak hp gain wise, 70mm > 75mm

IMO, it would be better if Matt tested 70mm and 75mm in the same day though. Oh well.. maybe someone else will do it.

I went with the accufab setup partly because of matt's writeup and because of fit and finish. It is a little more pricey but just like accufab tb's you get what you pay for. Just put mine on on friday and there is a noticable gain throughout the curve. Haven't dynoed. Very happy with it.

san~man said:
Forgot to ask....

Did the Accufab with the 75mm TB peform better than the AFplenum with the 70mm TB?

The Accufab with the 70 mm combo gained 7.94 rwhp and 7.6 rwtq.

The Accufab with the 75 mm combo gained 6.31 rwhp and 6.88 rwtq.

Keep in mind that this was on a stock GT. Start adding mods and the 75 mm will probably prove to be better.

01mgvert said:
The Accufab with the 70 mm combo gained 7.94 rwhp and 7.6 rwtq.

The Accufab with the 75 mm combo gained 6.31 rwhp and 6.88 rwtq.

Keep in mind that this was on a stock GT. Start adding mods and the 75 mm will probably prove to be better.

Did I read the article right?

I read that the second test was done with the stock upper plenum and the original Acccufab 70mm TB. Did I read wrong?

A quote..."Matt's car had the Accufab 70mm throttle body and plenum from the last test, so a stock unported plenum was aquired to get a fair comparison to stock. Below is a graph of all three baseline runs along with the best run by itself. There were 3 runs for each plenum."

Also, the baseline dyno number changed from test one to test 2.

Fill me in, and on where's the cheapest place to buy the combo....

Thanks again