Whats this? Next to the torque box. Looks like 2 replaceable pieces

Very funny. It was just a general description of the location. Anyway thanks for the tips on the need to weld certain new crossmembers. Probably would go with the stiffler then as my welding skills arent really skills.
Dude! In comparison, you're saying " what's this thing that's near my ankle", when in the grand scheme of things it's near your nuts.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

FYI....when we were swapping in Tremec 3550's a lot I always broke the side tubes loose to make the crossmember adjustable. Never once rewelded one including the one in my car to this day.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm with Michael on this one. When I first looked at the pic and read "next to the torque box" I was scratching my head. I wondered how the transmission cross member got way back there.... :D Didn't want to say anything stupid so I looked again...Yep, transmission cross member...hmmmm...lol

Never really thought of that..... could have saved $100 when I bought my Stifflers! Live and learn!
But then you wouldn't have all that extra room in that area, your trans would still flop around like a wet noodle when you go over speed bumps, and you wouldn't have the flexibility to use different transmissions. Mine was definitely worth the money I spent on it.

Reactions: 1 user
But then you wouldn't have all that extra room in that area, your trans would still flop around like a wet noodle when you go over speed bumps, and you wouldn't have the flexibility to use different transmissions. Mine was definitely worth the money I spent on it.

I definitely like it, and it looks cool too!!!!! Lol. But I did have to put some heat on my h-pipe and give it a dimple, as it was hitting the crossmember. Tried everything before the torch came out, but always went back. I’m throwing most of the blame on the cheap CJ Pony H-pipe though.

Heres why this topic came up in the first place....

Attachments

• 20190928_151253.jpg
    20190928_151253.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 105