Whats up with my Ford alarm?

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
I still have the factory ford alarm in it.At random times usually when the isnt warmed up the alarm works fine except there is no sound coming from the alarms siren.I cant remember if the cars horn part of it works or not.Usually after the car has warmed up all is good.Any ideas?Suggestions?I have 2 brand new sirens still in the box and I have tried both of them and that isnt the problem,the alarms brain going bad?If so what would be a descent replacement without having to do alot of rewireing,I used to install them years ago.

• Sponsors (?)

mine went south on me and everytime i slammed the door or hit a big bump it would go off and wouldnt stop until i disconnected the battery and left it off for a while.

after about 3 or 4 times of that crap i had a local sound shop disarm it. i was gonna attempt to but knowing my luck i would disable the car.

the reason i had to let it stay disconnected for awhile is becasue th brain box has a short life battery or some crap and so if someone undid the battery in an attempt to steal it it owuld still go off.