Fox Whats up with that noise

rad4lif

Mar 1, 2019
LA
I was runnin stock hearders n stock h pipes on my 90 5.0 stang. I took it to my general mechanic to swap on som bbk shorty headers with x pipes no cats.when I picked it up n drove it back home I notice it was a lil bit quieter but that wasn’t my concern my concern was this noise it was makin as soon I give it som gas the more i floored it the louder it sounded like if I was drivin a gotdam DIESEL when it juz idlin it doesn’t make that noise like I said only when I give it som gas...so what can it be? my mechanic did a half ass job or what? But I hav notice when swapin headers som get that noise on any car n I also got a truck n I also swap the headers n SAME :poo:!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I was runnin stock hearders n stock h pipes on my 90 5.0 stang. I took it to my general mechanic to swap on som bbk shorty headers with x pipes no cats.when I picked it up n drove it back home I notice it was a lil bit quieter but that wasn’t my concern my concern was this noise it was makin as soon I give it som gas the more i floored it the louder it sounded like if I was drivin a gotdam DIESEL when it juz idlin it doesn’t make that noise like I said only when I give it som gas...so what can it be? my mechanic did a half ass job or what? But I hav notice when swapin headers som get that noise on any car n I also got a truck n I also swap the headers n SAME :poo:!!!
You kept the same mufflers?

Mine did the same thing with my BBK shorties. I found out the bolts that hold them on came loose over time with vibration. I ended up buying some better quality bolts and tightening them up and exhaust leak was fixed.

5 years ago I had a bbk catted xpipe with bbk shorties on my car. I decided to cut the cats off to see what it sounded like. It was alot louder but it sounded like crap. It was like a turbulent echo sound which seemed like the inside cabin was rattling but wasn't. Later bought a "real" xpipe with high flow cats and it sounded much better. A year later I noticed I had a small crack in bbk headers causing an exhaust leak. Replaced with Ford Racing shorties.

Last edited:
Where is the freakin e!

Is it too hard to spell the whole word “some”, or “have” ?

That’s what wrong with your car...it needs some e.

Reactions: 1 user
It sounds like an exhaust leak to me. Probably where the x pipe connects to the headers.

Hey Mike, despite the misspelling and lack of punctuation, did you notice he pulled off the word doesn't, including the apostrophe? There's hope....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users