What's With The Chicks

• Sponsors (?)

I think I had the right idea way back on page 4...... :shrug:

nvrmnd-gif.gif

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Dang, I sure did have a potty mouth! I can't even remember what 11 I was talking about. Just goes to show that what you put on the internet stays forever!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I've owned eight Mustangs.

Yes, eight.

Three fox-bodies, two S197s, and three Mustang IIs.

Here's the thing... chicks flat out didn't like the fox-bodies. They weren't overly impressed with the S197s that they saw a dozen of or more every day.

The Mustang IIs?

Can't keep them off the damned things.

My gold '76 Ghia with the brown vinyl top I had in my 20s was by leaps and bounds the ugliest car I've ever owned, and it'd have all the carhops at Sonic wanting to go for rides, I'd come out of Wal-Mart to find girls around it, I even had an attractive woman knock on the door and ask if she could take pictures on it (I worked nights and she woke me up, so my dumb sleep-deprived ass said "no"). I drove ElSuperPinto up to work at BMW, all the guys are amazed it still exists, baffled I'd choose that to make faster, etc. The girls? "OMIGAHD I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE THAT, IT'S SO COOL, WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?"

This is a car with no carpet, a rusty roof, faded and chalked paint, and three years of dirt on it.

It's STUPID, but it's true, and it's why I drive a Mustang II.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
I've owned eight Mustangs.

Yes, eight.

Three fox-bodies, two S197s, and three Mustang IIs.

Here's the thing... chicks flat out didn't like the fox-bodies. They weren't overly impressed with the S197s that they saw a dozen of or more every day.

The Mustang IIs?

Can't keep them off the damned things.

My gold '76 Ghia with the brown vinyl top I had in my 20s was by leaps and bounds the ugliest car I've ever owned, and it'd have all the carhops at Sonic wanting to go for rides, I'd come out of Wal-Mart to find girls around it, I even had an attractive woman knock on the door and ask if she could take pictures on it (I worked nights and she woke me up, so my dumb sleep-deprived ass said "no"). I drove ElSuperPinto up to work at BMW, all the guys are amazed it still exists, baffled I'd choose that to make faster, etc. The girls? "OMIGAHD I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE LIKE THAT, IT'S SO COOL, WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?"

This is a car with no carpet, a rusty roof, faded and chalked paint, and three years of dirt on it.

It's STUPID, but it's true, and it's why I drive a Mustang II.
FAKE NEWS!!!!! :D

• Agree
  • Haha
A II doesn't just draw attention from women but yeah, women seem to be a lot more interested in it vs a Fox. I've never owned anything newer so I can't compare to an SN95 or anything, but my Cobra turns heads and draws a number of people when I stop anywhere. And it's kinda the same - no headliner, the paint is now showing it's age, the seats are still original and have a couple tears, etc. I'd say that for every one of the vocal naysayers there's gotta be 2 people who show enthusiastic interest. It just makes me wonder more about the critics. I mean are they that critical because they had a bad experience with one or because they're just jealous.... :chin The world may never know. But one thing is for sure, having a newer Mustang and looking down on the II could be considered penis envy - I'm sorry if you don't feel you measure up, it's not our car's fault! :shrug:

• Haha
I have said it before and will say it again. The 94-95 is the Edsel of the Mustangs. When I was trying to sell mine, many guys looked at the date, Oct 94, and walked just for that alone. Everyone who knows anything about the cars avoid them like the plague. BUT in that, they are becoming something of a 1 off. The II is the same in that. People look down on them both because of the shortfalls and point and laugh. The generations certainly do have their fans. I think that the guys and gals who have sweat and bled on what they have get that attachment to certain styles and wont budge. Take for instance the Fox (Hatch) Owners, You are not going to pry one from them easily. Honestly, I do believe that group may be the most hardcore though. Classics are pretty and have dollar value, Newer Stangs have gadgets and toys, short run models have appeal to most, but in the end the Fox is going to be the one that is mostly remembered for all that it has done through they years and became in the owners hands.

I have said it before and will say it again. The 94-95 is the Edsel of the Mustangs. When I was trying to sell mine, many guys looked at the date, Oct 94, and walked just for that alone. Everyone who knows anything about the cars avoid them like the plague. BUT in that, they are becoming something of a 1 off. The II is the same in that. People look down on them both because of the shortfalls and point and laugh. The generations certainly do have their fans. I think that the guys and gals who have sweat and bled on what they have get that attachment to certain styles and wont budge. Take for instance the Fox (Hatch) Owners, You are not going to pry one from them easily. Honestly, I do believe that group may be the most hardcore though. Classics are pretty and have dollar value, Newer Stangs have gadgets and toys, short run models have appeal to most, but in the end the Fox is going to be the one that is mostly remembered for all that it has done through they years and became in the owners hands.
I honestly don't understand the disdain many have for the early SN95. Especially the '94-'95 cars. They're the best of both worlds, in my opinion.

Foxes have a muscle car aesthetic that is distinct from the newer cars' gadgetry and the sexy curves of the first generation cars. Women who aren't into cars in some way simply don't look twice at a boxy fox. My wife likes my '95 and has taken a couple pictures in front of it on occasion. On the other hand, I've shown her pictures of my old '86 GT hatchback. She can't understand why I would ever want such a "hideous" car. She feels the same way about the Mercury.

The thing that I do not like about the 94-95 was The decision that Ford itself made inside of the Factory. When the line began, they decided to run the SN95 on one line. V6, Gt and Cobra. In this they would run so many and then switch. This created cars with a variation of parts especially in 94. I have family members who worked on these lines in Dearborn before retirement and they still complain about the decisions that were made in 94 before splitting the lines of V6 and V8.

The only reason I don't like my car is that its a convertible. I am sure I will own it until my license is no longer valid and I will be carted around in my Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition.