Fox What's your favorite appearance mod

• Sponsors (?)

Did Ford ever do the Levis theme?
17A898D7-4951-40B6-B196-F38F84800C8D.png
LOL,had one of these back in high school. Best $50 ever spent. We spent hours bouncing it off trees and whatever until the trans went out. And yes,it had the Levi interior.

LOL,had one of these back in high school. Best $50 ever spent. We spent hours bouncing it off trees and whatever until the trans went out. And yes,it had the Levi interior.
I wanted a 61-64 Impala (a 62 or 63 SS), a 63 Falcon Futura, or a Fox Mustang (that was still too new and $$$) for my first car. My dad’s negotiation started with a Purple, 6 cyl Gremlin. I ended up with the neighbor family’s Corvair. If he had been looking at a Gremlin X in any other color, I might have tried it - until I would have tried to put a low brass or garage band instrument in it. There is no hatch.
Straight six cylinder engines are usually very hardy, and a 401 swap could have been a handful. Both might have been worth the uniqueness of the car’s looks and leaked less oil than my low mile Corvair.

Last edited:
I, the 70s car fanatic, can't even defend the weird fascination with vans that happened in the 70s. WTF were ya'll old farts thinking???
If I recall my Stangnet history correctly, I believe @Davedacarpainter got his start as a painter in his brother’s body shop in the ‘70s working on custom vans?

We at least have the old farts to thank for that!

In my street scene era everybody keep their car clean. Now days, if you have a reasonably nice car but just keep it spotless, it stands out. Spotless is not a mod....but wheels would be my answer too...lol.

In my street scene era everybody keep their car clean. Now days, if you have a reasonably nice car but just keep it spotless, it stands out. Spotless is not a mod....but wheels would be my answer too...lol.
So true! Back in the day everyone took pride in their car and worked to keep it nice.
Now we’re in the days of “turn in the lease every three years” and nobody cares except us “car hobby” guys!

Reactions: 1 user
I wanted a 61-64 Impala (a 62 or 63 SS), a 63 Falcon Futura, or a Fox Mustang (that was still too new and $$$) for my first car. My dad’s negotiation started with a Purple, 6 cyl Gremlin. I ended up with the neighbor family’s Corvair. If he had been looking at a Gremlin X in any other color, I might have tried it - until I would have tried to put a low brass or garage band instrument in it. There is no hatch.
Straight six cylinder engines are usually very hardy, and a 401 swap could have been a handful. Both might have been worth the uniqueness of the car’s looks and leaked less oil than my low mile Corvair.
Old woman that worked at the grocery store down the street had a yellow Gremlin X,bought it new. Drove it daily and it was still in nice shape before I left for the Air Force in 89'.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Stance/fitment
2. Wheels (17, stock replica style, staggered)
3. Cowl hood (1.5-2.5, regular style)
4. I’ve always loved LX tailpipes, even though they come stock. 2.5 and 3 inch make them look even better.

A polo with a gator on it, a Levi, Pepe or Doc Martins denim jacket, black penny loafers and hair that’s not mostly silver would be good appearance mods for a car show with my 91.

I gotta say, I'm partial to the stock look- for the Aeros, I love the reg. old Hatch GT, and I especially love my turbine rims, but the ponys are nice too. I'm on the fence about rally stripe or not. Had a buddy back in the day when the Aero cars were new- he had a teal green LX, and he had the bottom 8" or so painted like a navy blue. I personally never liked a teal car, but his looked awesome (and also the fact that it was a stroker, with Vortech supercharger, and 3" exhaust no mufflers didn't hurt either)