wheel fit question

junkyardwarrior

Jan 10, 2011
93 coupe 4 cylinder OE, 4 lug currently

My friend at work gave me a set of OE 98 cobra 17x8 wheels and they are NICE. No tires or course. I know the popular way to do a 5 lug is SN95, and I've done that on the other car. However, no cars to pull parts from in any of the yards within 150 miles.

So I'm looking at the LMR 5 lug swap rotors and axles. Question is, will the OE 98 cobra's clear the grease cap? Anything else that might prevent this from working together?

Kit:

• Sponsors (?)

Rear is fine. Front won’t unless you run a spacer. No idea how thick.

just go grab an 84-86 SVO front rotor from local auto parts store and do all your test fitting, then return it.

Reactions: 1 user
is that all they are is svo rotors? For some reason I thought they were completely different. I might actually have a pair of SVO rotors in storage from my old 86 SVO.

would be nice if I can make the swap work with the rotors, and axles.

is that all they are is svo rotors? For some reason I thought they were completely different. I might actually have a pair of SVO rotors in storage from my old 86 SVO.

would be nice if I can make the swap work with the rotors, and axles.

Yes, these are parts from various other Ford vehicles. LMR just packages it all together. Nothing special. Back when I ran this setup, I just bought the rotors are local parts store, and transferred all my existing bearings and such over to them. I did get new seals.

Front rotors for the 87-93 V8 Mustang are from an 84-86 SVO or 84-90 Mark 7. Same casting, but just has a 5th lug. Rear drums are 9" drums from a 2.3 ford ranger. The axle shafts are from a ranger as well.

Ford tended to make a lot of parts somewhat interchangable to keep costs down.