• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Wheel Pic's

  • Thread starter Thread starter PUNISHER RACING
  • Start date Start date Oct 19, 2007

PUNISHER RACING

Active Member
Aug 27, 2007
1,124
0
36
FORD CITY, PA.
Oct 19, 2007
#1
  • Oct 19, 2007
  • #1
Anyone running the 22" Shelby Torq Thrusts on their S197's, I really want a set and was wanting to see how they filled that wheel well up?
 

nycstang37

New Member
Nov 18, 2005
146
0
0
Queens, NY
Oct 20, 2007
#2
  • Oct 20, 2007
  • #2
do the 20"s if you wanna fill the wells. 22s and you will have no sidewalls. even 20's are cuttin it close(i have the fooses in 20) but they look perfect on this bodystyle and still leave you with some sidewall. i have 285-30-20 rears and 255-35-20 fronts and i live in nyc, the kingdom of potholes and have never had a problem yet. well one problem, but my own fault going too fast, probly would have bent a 17 inch rim over that hole. anyway unless its purely a show car get the 20's
 
T

The Fang

Member
Sep 11, 2005
602
0
16
Tallahassee Fl
Oct 20, 2007
#3
  • Oct 20, 2007
  • #3
I just dont see the fascination in those large wheels. I much prefer some rubber on my wheels. I have 16s and prefer that. I want vintage slots for mine but they do not make them for s197s.
 

nycstang37

New Member
Nov 18, 2005
146
0
0
Queens, NY
Oct 20, 2007
#4
  • Oct 20, 2007
  • #4
The Fang said:
I just dont see the fascination in those large wheels. I much prefer some rubber on my wheels. I have 16s and prefer that. I want vintage slots for mine but they do not make them for s197s.
Click to expand...

its just the times, today larger wheels are in when back in the day it was smaller diameter wheels. i like the fact this bodystyle can actually pull off both very well. its got the perfect mix of vintage looks with modern lines. thats why 20s and 17s both look awesome on these cars. i prefer the look of my 20s but in the winter dont mind driving around in my stock 17s.
 

blacksheep06

New Member
Jan 31, 2006
288
0
0
Oct 21, 2007
#5
  • Oct 21, 2007
  • #5
As far as larger wheels are concerned there is a fine line between making a muscle car look mean or pimped. The latter should never be the goal for a mustang. 20's aren't for me but they actually don't look that awful on the s197. The deep sides on this bodystyle dwarf a 17" rim and 18's don't look that big. I think 19" is the perfect size looks wise on this model.

Although I don't want the added weight of anything above 18"
 

ApexStang

Member
Dec 19, 2002
82
0
6
Apex, NC
Oct 21, 2007
#6
  • Oct 21, 2007
  • #6
I found a set of 19's I am saving for. They are 24 and 25 pounds (fronts/rears). I don't believe they are any heavier if not lighter than my stock 18" polished bullitts.

You can find 19's lighter, but they are pricey.
 
A

anticubicle

New Member
Jul 30, 2007
268
0
0
Oct 21, 2007
#7
  • Oct 21, 2007
  • #7
blacksheep06 said:
Although I don't want the added weight of anything above 18"
Click to expand...


+1
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Oct 21, 2007
#8
  • Oct 21, 2007
  • #8
ApexStang said:
I found a set of 19's I am saving for. They are 24 and 25 pounds (fronts/rears). I don't believe they are any heavier if not lighter than my stock 18" polished bullitts.

You can find 19's lighter, but they are pricey.
Click to expand...

That is nice. My new18s weigh 26/28 lbs.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

2003 Mustang GT - Rear Tire Size Question
  • Cassiebaebae
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3 4
Replies
63
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
squeak93
305-45-17 tires on Pony wheels (17")?
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
751
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 25, 2026
TTSaleen
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
393
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
E
1986 Convertable 5.0 GT
  • eneerg
  • Sep 24, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
310
The Welcome Wagon Sep 24, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?